"Open Wheel Champion" updated

bats brew

Man that tele's got a bite! Love this one, sounds like you were going for an anthem, and if you were, you nailed it. Always love your stuff, such a great arrangement with  a rich, killer sound on top of great playing.  Another winner!

Edited by Kevin Walsh

On 4/3/2023 at 12:25 AM, Kevin Walsh said:

Man that tele's got a bite! Love this one, sounds like you were going for an anthem, and if you were, you nailed it. Always love your stuff, such a great arrangement with  a rich, killer sound on top of great playing.  Another winner!

hey kevin!

thanks for listening and commenting!

yes, the tele def has a 'sound' that is it's own...
i'm still getting used to it.
it makes me play different.

the tele, on this one, is handling all the guitar parts,
so for the rhythms, i used a fender deluxe model for one, a vox ac30 model for another,
then used the marshall plexi for the solo...

the song itself, is the 3rd of a 3-song trilogy, inspired by Formula One racing...

i'm doing final mixes on the other two now, and want to publish them altogether for sale as a EP (or individually)

this song is kinda like an anthem, like you say...

it is about the BIG celebration of the F1 Season Champion, from any team, any year.

New instruments certainly have a way of triggering creativity.  I remember when I got my first Fender Strat. I played a 30min piece. Actually 45 min, but decided to cut it back to an acceptable 30 min noncommercial standard. 9_9 Somebody stop me!!!

Hey! Your new baby sounds great! Cool chops too!

23 hours ago, freddy j said:

As a guitar "wanna be", I always enjoy guitar instrumentals -- as I did this one.  As usual you playing is excellent, the song well constructed and the mix doggone near perfect.  Cool stuff!!

ha! thanks freddy!

i try to write 'melodies' instead of riffs over rhythms when i do my instrumentals..

i want them to stand out, and stand up, and be strong enough lyrically (melodically) to be considered a real 'song'. 

using the new guitar, is the fun stuff..

looking at brand new tones i've never had before, its still a learning curve!

so, thanks for the comments, more coming!

On 4/12/2023 at 11:29 AM, mightyleemoon said:

This is one damn fine performance. Well done. If there is a producer out there working on some kind of modern cowboy TV show, then this is easily their theme song.

hey mighty! thanks so much

it might go with a F1 tv spot.... !

alas, they'll never hear it.

17 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

As always, you have demonstrated to us all that you are one of the very best musicians and composers around!  I never fail to learn something from you.  Keep up the good work, Rob!

that's real nice of you to say, lynn,

thanks!

• Like 1