Spitfire Audio - Save 50% on a library of your choice

BTP

1 hour ago, smallstonefan said:

I decided I didn’t need all those extra mic positions for over a half terabyte of space. 

It was a difficult decision for me as well. And yes, I had to move all of my Native Instruments libraries to another drive to free up enough space on my largest and fastest SSD.

I'm sure I don't need 20 mic positions either, but I wasn't thrilled with the single mic position in Core, and Spitfire's demo of the mic positions convinced me I'd have choices in Professional I could be happy with.

The other major factors for me were the addition of solo strings, and that it appears Spitfire's approach on this library was to include pretty much everything they were ever going to include for the BBCSO in Professional, instead of who knows how many other separate libraries that you'd have to purchase to get everything. For my needs, I may never be tempted again. Whereas, with their other orchestral stuff, and pretty much everyone else's as well, you'd end up spending thousands on many separate libraries if you wanted anything close to the "complete" set. For example, even with the Cinesamples "glitch" sale at ~$80 per library, I would have had to spend a lot more to get something comparative to BBCSO Professional, since I didn't have any Cinesamples orchestral libraries to start with.

So I think it was very practical for me. YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, husker said:

Which is the big reason I didn't go for much in the Cinesamples sale!

Same thinking here when I coveted CinePerc, as BBCSO Pro as well as East West Hollywood Percussion have that covered beautifully. 
Still quite enamored with Tina Guo, CinePiano and Piano In Blue, though. 

4 hours ago, husker said:

Which is the big reason I didn't go for much in the Cinesamples sale!

I think when EastWest puts their orchestra on sale that price is hard to beat if one wants to be content.

I'd be afraid to take inventory of all of my orchestra sounds right now and I rarely use any of it.