Freezing multiple tracks

Sven

image.png.fe46adc262f62ad1bff42c09d55ea794.png

When I select multiple tracks using the CTRL key and press Freeze on any of them only the track I push the freeze button on actually freezes.   All the others remain unfrozen. 

Does anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Sven said:

I do indeed press Ctrl when I try to freeze several tracks. 

Andres, does this work perfectly for you?  I believe I have the latest updates but I observe the same behavior every day.  

Yes, I'm sorry. It's working fine. See video. My test was recorded using audio clips, but it worked fine with VST's too.

Are you freezing VST's or audio? I think your issue could relate to a plugin instead of CW? 

Thanks for  all your input.  I had expected it to behave differently than how it was apparently designed. 

I'm trying to freeze Soft Synths with multiple MIDI tracks associated with one Audio output channel.  I thought that by highlighting just the Audio output channel for two or more Soft Synths that all the associated MIDI tracks would be included in the freeze.   I was wrong.  

If I highlight every MIDI channel and Audio output channel I actually wish to freeze and Ctrl-Freeze any channel they do indeed all freeze.   I thought that by highlighting the Audio output channel it would of course be freezing anything that was being sent to it.

Thanks.  

Well, I run a quick test and found out that yes, you are right: The VST's only group freezes when clicking the freeze options on any given MIDI track, but not on the AUDIO track of the instruments. I think this is not intended, possibly a bug?

I guess it was working for me before because I happened to click on a midi track.

So, may be this is a fixable thing -

Hi msmcleod,

I think if you have a pint of Guinness raised high in the air everything always works out fine!

Just kidding of course but if you have a chance can you please create two soft synth tracks to test this?  Just give one 3 MIDI channels below and the other 2 MIDI channels below.  Then if you highlight the two audio tracks and Ctrl-Freeze on either tell me if all 5 MIDI tracks as well as the two audio tracks then freeze.

They don't appear to do this for me but I can live with just selecting every track needed for freezing if I have to.  Just a little more work I didn't expect.   I agree with Andres that this might be a bug.  

Thanks!

They may have wanted to allow you to include only certain MIDI channels in the frozen mix for the audio track for some reason.  I think if anyone hasn't muted a MIDI channel below their audio track they would probably want it included if the audio track was included in the freezing of multiple tracks.

I just want to select two or more audio tracks associated with any number of MIDI tracks and have everything freeze.   It's much easier than having to highlight 23 MIDI tracks or whatever.

I still don't see the behavior I would expect for freezing/unfreezing multiple tracks.  If you go into track view and ctrl-A to select all tracks and then use the  ctrl-Freeze button on any MIDI track shouldn't all the tracks then unfreeze?

I have 152 tracks many of which are frozen MIDI plugins and when I select all the tracks and ctrl-Freeze any MIDI track only that track unfreezes.  

Please tell me if I'm doing anything incorrectly.

Thanks.