HoRNet VHS 1.0.3 update

cclarry

We are pleased to announce the release of HoRNet VHS 1.0.3, the latest update to our popular headphone mixing plugin. This update includes several important fixes that make VHS more stable and accurate than ever before.

Here are the details of the changes:

Fixed VST3 not loading in some daw on Windows

Fixed knob input boxes accepting input different from numbers

Fixed wrong ambience level in room simulation when speakers are placed in the middle of the room

Fixed wrong picture for AKG K240 Studio headphones

We understand how important it is to have a stable and reliable plugin when working on your music, and we have worked hard to ensure that VHS meets these standards. These updates will greatly improve your experience when using VHS, and we encourage all users to update to version 1.0.3 as soon as possible.

To update to the latest version of VHS, simply open HoRNet DoIn and log in, you will be able to install the latest version from there. If you prefer the manual install just log into your account on our website and download the zip archive of the plugin. If you have any questions or concerns about the update, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your support of HoRNet Plugins, and we hope that you continue to enjoy using VHS for all of your headphone mixing needs.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/hornet-vhs/

• Thanks 1

Yes, it works for me now too. But now since I have tried it, I think it would be nice if it would compensate for gain increase from the plugin. For example, with the curve for my Beyerdynamic DT 900 X, there is a boost at around 4k of 3.7db. When you have a mix with mastering or loudness plugins that bring the level to near 0db, the 3.7db from the plugin is quite enough to drive the level into the red. Other plugin that do calibration have a reduced levels exactly for that. I have sent my sugestion to Hornet.

• Like 1

I've been in the market for one of these headphone correction plug-ins, and HoRNet's is certainly the price leader. Unfortunately, the Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro is not on the list of supported cans.

I wonder what all of these are actually doing. If it's just an EQ curve, I can make quick work of that with MNoisegenerator and MAutoEqualizer (and there are presets in the Online Exchange that have cloned the curves from these other plug-ins). Sonarworks claim that it's not just an EQ curve.

Maybe Plugindoctor can shed some light.

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

I've been in the market for one of these headphone correction plug-ins, and HoRNet's is certainly the price leader. Unfortunately, the Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro is not on the list of supported cans.

I wonder what all of these are actually doing. If it's just an EQ curve, I can make quick work of that with MNoisegenerator and MAutoEqualizer (and there are presets in the Online Exchange that have cloned the curves from these other plug-ins). Sonarworks claim that it's not just an EQ curve.

Maybe Plugindoctor can shed some light.

I haven't taken this one for a spin (I will once it hits discount time), but I already have a couple other established options.  This one shoudn't be only EQ adjustments as it has a "space" element also to simulate speakers in a room....ala DearVR Monitor.

Toneboosters Morphit is more along the lines of adjusting an EQ curve (which you can vary how close you want it to match the reference curve).  

You could probably see what the Melda EQ can do with it.

• Like 1