Synthogy Introduces Ivory 3, The Future of Virtual Piano Instruments with Unparalleled Technology

cclarry

Synthogy just officially announced the launch of Ivory 3 German D, the first instrument on their new Ivory 3 platform that includes innovative technology that seamlessly blends sampling with the behavior of physical modeling.

Thanks to their exclusive new Real-time Gradient Blending (RGB) engine, Ivory 3 instruments boast unlimited degrees of velocity, plus real-time enhancements that fully capture the rich and dynamic response of the finest concert grand pianos. With Ivory 3 Synthogy is yet again bending the rules of sampled pianos.

The Ivory 3 platform is designed to inspire pianists and artists at all levels to create. It sets a new benchmark for the playability, expression, and overall musical experience of virtual pianos. 

$259 Intro Price

https://www.ilio.com/ivory-3-german-d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

currently Mac only - plus not seeing any upgrade prices ? - just a $20 early discount.

Over a year ago Synthogy support promised a VST3 version, I'm guessing they actually meant an upgrade :(

The VI market has changed dramatically since Ivory 2 was released - I'm not sure that $259 looks like good value any more ?

EDIT

they synthogy website has information for upgrades - looks to be $149 upgrade from v2 - I'm gonna pass I think

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

Actually - having bought my version through Time+Space (since gone bump) - I have just discovered I have no trace of a serial number. I registered and activated it via iLok and the product works just fine, but iLok rather unhelpfully doesn't show the serial. So I doubt I could upgrade even if I wanted to as I cannot effectively prove ownership and it isn't registered on the Synthogy.com website.

Some suppliers have much to learn about continued access to and escrow of serials and other legacy info after they go bump in the night. I guess I could reach out to Synthogy support but I am not hopeful (even though I have proof of purchase emails).

Andy

1 hour ago, AndyB01 said:

Actually - having bought my version through Time+Space (since gone bump) - I have just discovered I have no trace of a serial number. I registered and activated it via iLok and the product works just fine, but iLok rather unhelpfully doesn't show the serial. So I doubt I could upgrade even if I wanted to as I cannot effectively prove ownership and it isn't registered on the Synthogy.com website.

Some suppliers have much to learn about continued access to and escrow of serials and other legacy info after they go bump in the night. I guess I could reach out to Synthogy support but I am not hopeful (even though I have proof of purchase emails).

Andy

They should be able to check your iLok for the licence, Soundtoys and Eventide do it, for example.

• Like 3

Cheers, they found my serial but I can't upgrade anyway cos I don't own the right product. 😂

But apparently this is only the first in a series of new releases:

"The Ivory 3 German D Upgrade is only available to Ivory II Grand Pianos owners.  But keep in mind this is just first Ivory 3 product.  There will be more."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

I guess I could reach out to Synthogy support but I am not hopeful (even though I have proof of purchase emails).

I don't have experience with Synthogy, but many developers have been happy to add my purchases from T+S to their accounts when I provided proof of purchase. That said, my purchases haven't involved iLoks. It's worth a try though.

• Like 1