Change MP3 export default encoder settings?

sean72

I might be missing something but I don't see anything there. Saving the audio export settings as a Cakewalk preset is done in the window before the MP3 render setting window appears, so you can't integrate the MP3 render settings to a saved preset that way. 

Edited by sean72

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is why I just export all my songs as wave files and I do a batch conversion in a ( free) Wave editor called Gold Wave.

http://www.goldwave.ca/

That way I can do a whole bunch of files at once. It has all the audio formats. The beta info you can add some of it in the Browser view Notes. That seems to transfer over to my Wave files. I will also use it to fix start and endings with fade outs. 

And then meta data info can usually be added using other free apps . 

A Google search came up with dozens https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

• 1 month later...

I too am hoping to be able to set the MP3 export settings to default to 320kbps - 0 (highest quality) but the dialogue box does not offer any way to save a preset.

Noel, your answer is sort of a workaround rather than having a true default.  Is there a way to set these settings so the MP3 dialogue will pop up with the numbers we want?  Thanks.

On 10/19/2023 at 4:13 PM, JonD said:

Maybe at one time it was free.... but now the license for one year is $25 (and $69 for a lifetime license).

I also use Gold Wave and the demo never expires so it in a way it is free but with a nag screen.  
I bought it real cheap 10 years ago  and so I don’t have the nag screen on my main computers. 
But I installed it on my laptop a while ago and it does. I need to contact them to get my account fixed but I rarely will use it on that machine so the nag doesn’t bother me.  
Defiantly my go to for batch converting of audio files. 
I still use Wave Lab for top and tail  but they want you to pay for MP3 license???
Sonar did for a while as well and that’s when I bought Gold Wave. I think it was only $40 back then. I see it’s gone up.