Update: Newfangled Audio - Invigorate

Frank

Download: https://www.newfangledaudio.com/invigorate-release-notes

Invigorate 1.0.3:

1. There’s now a LINK knob in the Level Detector section which controls the stereo linking.

2. The Gain Reduction meter is now scaled by the MIX knob. I think this helps people understand how much gain reduction is actually being applied.

3. Fixed a bug where the radar control wasn’t writing automation data in some hosts.

4. Added little EQ curves above each tone control button, this helps people see what the plug-in is doing at a glance, especially when stepping through presets.

5. Made the whole plug-in UI dim when bypassed, and made the individual tone sections dim when bypassed.

6. Control, option, and shift clicking now works in the tone control section. You can also double click to type in a value.

7. You can now reliably grab the radar control when the dot is against the edge of it.

8. Gain Reduction meters now default to 0dB.

9. Fixed a bug where Invigorate could sometimes instantiate at a size larger than the screen on high DPI windows displays.

10. The SETTINGS page now contains a SHOW METERS button which toggles the glow in the radar display, as well as the envelope meter in the level detector section and the curve display in the curve section.

11. The SETTINGS page also contains a BRIGHTNESS control for these same meters, so you can dim them if you prefer.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

what does it do different?

nothing, and everything. mainly an integrated and very well thought out approach to comp>limit>saturation. still checking it out. there might be better or preferred instances for each of those treatments, but finding the presentation quite useful so far. fwiw, their Elevate suite is the default 2bus setup here and hardly ever gets replaced. preferring it for the detailed handling of transients for acoustic/organic based material.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

I think it's more of a HOW it does things than what it does.  It is for the most part a compressor/limiter/saturation device that can do a little of all three at once. It makes use of ai and works best as a glue bus processor. I have it and i like it already, but does take some getting used to

Edited by dubdisciple
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

the more i use this the better i like it. finding the UI to be much more intuitive than the latest crop of magic wand 2buss compressors out there with more knobs than a steampunk submarine.

On 12/22/2022 at 10:53 AM, telecode 101 said:

"vibe glue" while letting electric guitars/drums/transient heavy acoustic material "breathe" in a mix. pretty much the same mindset as Elevate which is useful for detailed touchup without collateral damage to other elements. 

this vid does a nice job of highlighting what it does best on source material i can relate to (Stanton Moore/Galactic!) vs the same old tired demo loops. ssl(bx_townhouse)/fairchild 670 are still great options, but this has become the default for a template. 

• Like 2

In case you missed it...

On Feb 8th v1.11 update for Elevate Mastering Bundle (everything but Invigorate) was released
https://www.newfangledaudio.com/elevate-release-notes

Release notes for Elevate Mastering Bundle v1.11.0

1. Support for AAX Silicon Native (Mac Only)

2. Improved performance on Windows machines (Windows Only)

3. Plug-ins default to OpenGL Off on Windows

4. Removed support for Windows 8 (Windows Only)

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 3/5/2023 at 1:32 PM, TheSteven said:

In case you missed it...

On Feb 8th v1.11 update for Elevate Mastering Bundle (everything but Invigorate) was released

Their update numbering is confusing. The individual elements of this bundle are now at something like 1.8.2.

10 hours ago, LAGinz said:

The individual elements of this bundle are now at something like 1.8.2.

Individual is now 1.11.0

You're not using the latest.
See 1.10.1 below. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Release history:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.10.2 (Mac Only)

1. Added support for macOS Ventura.

1. Fixed a potential initialization bug.

2. (Windows Only) Rolled Elevate, EQuivocate, and Punctuate back to 1.8.2 for improved DSP performance on Windows. 

Edited by TheSteven

Thx:)…… I was never quite able to master the Dewey Decimal system

On 3/5/2023 at 1:32 PM, TheSteven said:

In case you missed it...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1