random thread

pwal³

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the difference between a kinky person and a pervert?

The kinky person uses a feather, the pervert uses the entire chicken!

Why did the chicken cross the road?

He was running away from the pervert! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:38 PM, craigb said:

Only one year away from being able to go into bars legally too!  Bummer Greg!

It has no birth certificate, so it could be >21.
It certainly has been acting drunk lately.

The $90 used/refurbished computer arrived a day early. I've spent the last few hours trying to set it up like I want and downloaded CbB before they stopped any more downloads.
It's a lot smaller than my previous machines and wants to lay down instead of stand up. It came with el cheapo mouse and keyboard. The mouse was broken, but it's so rickety I probably wouldn't have used it anyway. The keyboard is intact so I'll use that. There was no mention of them being included, so it's not a big deal.
It seems to work pretty well. Much faster that my last box. 
Waiting for the "gotcha".

*Warning!  Nerd-speak!* 😁

FYI - For those of us in the IT industry, our go-to method for working on multiple computers is to remote into them.

This can be very useful for a home environment where you can have a small, low-powered computer (or laptop) attached to a nice monitor (I still recommend getting something like the 43" 4k TV's that are only around $200 now-a-days).  Add a nice wireless keyboard and mouse (and sound bar).  Basically get that setup to feel great.  Then keep your other computers somewhere else so that they can have noisy fans or whatever going without disturbing you or taking up space in your main work area.

Side-note: I strongly suggest adding Uninterruptible Power Supplies or UPS's to every area you keep computer gear in!  They're not that expensive and will not only protect you from power spikes and drops, but will give you time to save what you're working on and gracefully shutdown your machines should the power go out. 

I have several computers that all connect to directly to a router (including my main computer in my bedroom/office) using CAT 6 cables.  Wireless is also possible, though I prefer the speed and reliability of being directly connected.

Then you simply create Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) shortcuts on the desktop of your comfy computer and access any of the other computers remotely whenever you need to.  I also create shared folders on each computer so I can easily transfer files between each without connecting.

Although you should have a "portable" wired mouse and keyboard available just in case you need to do a setup on one of these other computers, you can actually keep them "headless" where they don't need a keyboard, mouse or monitor!

🤓

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Waiting for the "gotcha".

That'll be when you take it somewhere for repair and then the FBI come a knockin' with questions about some files on the HD that "you" thought "you" deleted years ago...

Edited by paulo
  • Haha 2

The lieutenant running the army base motor pool gets a call one day from someone demanding the immediate delivery of a jeep to his quarters......

" Sorry mate, you're out of luck....old Knobhead McGinty booked the last one yesterday."

"Do you have any idea who I am?" asked the caller.

"Nope" said the lieutenant.

"I am CAPTAIN McGinty!"

"Well, do you have any idea who I am?" asked the lieutenant?

"I do not" said the caller.

"OK, ta ta then Knobhead."

• Haha 3