Access a Bundle of Audio Engineering Books

cclarry

18 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That one gives me a "Gateway Timeout" message.  I tried multiple times before I actually got the one directly
from the email to work

Odd that we get the reserved results.  I got the 504 error 3 times with your link.  Possibly the Gateway timeout error is related to a server/internet issue and independent of which link is used.  

UPDATE: Cloudflare is reporting the error to me. Each time it reports a host error at www.routledge.com.   image.png.6ca4ae8c6a847623edc8d15f2420a6db.png

Edited by User 905133
to post error
  • Like 1

Seems to work initially but not to the end. Also, it is unclear if the books are downloadable or it is online reading only. Jan 29 is the last day you can access the books for free. This may be more like an extended trial than a true freebie.

The page is up:

image.png.52fb7f6c40175ca892fc266fe8d77683.png

But then after filling out the form I get an error because the browser cannot connect to  routledgecms.ap.corplan.net

2 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Just got an email from them, and the books are now available here:

https://www.routledge.com/go/access-your-audio-engineering-free-books-bundle-2022

They are not downloadable, unfortunately.

I just took a quick look at all of the pages of the Audio Sampling book.  It shows up in a reader [book2look.com] that displays 1 scan (2 pages) at a time.  If someone wants to learn/read about sampling, I think it would be useful to read online from cover-to-cover, or in sections/chapters as needed.  There is a table of contents and an index.  If you find most you need a page or two because you already understand most of the content, you might be able to print the image to pdf or grab a screen image.  I do not recommend trying to do this with the entire book.

The original book is copyrighted 2008.  So far as I can see, all of the elements are covered as of that date. If someone who knows almost nothing about real sampling and wants to understand it so they can make use of sampling tools that have come out since 2007,  I'd recommend reading the book and reviewing newer product manuals, tutorials, etc.

If the book interests you, I suggest contacting T&F/Routledge to see if and when the book will be updated.

Edited by User 905133
edits
  • Like 1