Orange Tree Samples releases "Evolution Baritone Electric" for Kontakt Player with Intro Offer

cclarry

Posted in the Cakewalk forum one month later...

"Did you hear about the thread in the Deals forum that ended in three members getting banned? All over a story about a guitarist who lost an ear due to a baritone guitar accident that was somehow misunderstood."

Really? No ****?

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 2

While Glen may have used a baritone at times, I believe it was a Fender Bass V1 used in the studio version of Wichita Lineman. Lots of baritone sounds in those old spaghetti westerns, and some of Tarentino’s films. My favorite baritones are the Jerry Jones (no relation to Cowboys owner) modified Danelectros -played by a lot of Nashville studio guys and Jimmy Herring of Widespread Panic on a recent solo venture of his. 

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 3:14 AM, PavlovsCat said:

I watched it from start to finish before I posted and listened to all the examples. The reason I still had questions was basically,  while I know what it sounds like from the video and I was mentally comparing the sounds to what I've heard in songs, as a fake guitarist, I'm trying to get an idea of the various types of situations where a real guitarist would use it so I can try that out. The articles I read since originally posting really helped. But I'd still love to get insights from anyone here. 

An example of something I just read I want to try was using the guitar for layering guitar parts in different octaves. 

https://www.musicindustryhowto.com/baritone-guitar/

I thought it was pretty wild to read a song I loved since I was a wee lad (Witchita Lineman) used a baritone guitar,  because before listening to the video,  my thoughts were the guitar was mainly suited for very aggressive music. Is Glen Campbell playing a baritone guitar on this version of "Witchita Lineman"? (I love this version even more than the original,  ) 

This is so good. 

• Like 1