Acoustic Samples Black Friday sale

Craig N

2 hours ago, Craig N said:

https://www.acousticsamples.net/

30% off until Monday

Group discounts apply if you buy more than one item in a custom bundle

Paging @PavlovsCat

Yep, this is the dev I've had a bunch of PMs with on VI Control. He's like an old friend by now. I don't own it, but based on the demos, his Wulie library sounds like the best Wurly library I've ever heard  

4 hours ago, Jan Schmitz said:

The vHorns are really good. Better than SWAM.

I can't comment on SWAM but the AS horns and pianos do sound great indeed and I would already have much more of his libraries than I have now if the sale prices were more affordable. So my money must go another direction and so on year after year :).

11 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I don't own it, but based on the demos, his Wulie library sounds like the best Wurly library I've ever heard

Two questions for you Peter if I may impose

1. By the end of Black Friday are you going to own it??? As I've heard someone famous say, "Come on, man!" hahaha

2. I'm personally more inclined to buy the VReeds modelled instrument... Am I making a mistake? 

3 hours ago, Craig N said:

Two questions for you Peter if I may impose

1. By the end of Black Friday are you going to own it??? As I've heard someone famous say, "Come on, man!" hahaha

2. I'm personally more inclined to buy the VReeds modelled instrument... Am I making a mistake? 

After sharing my incredible love of AcousticSamples Wurlie,  I really can't justify spending $74 USD on it. Even though I might end up buying Skybox (I think that's the developer's name,  but I could be screwing it up) Wurlitzer 145B library for $35 that was posted by Bad Penguin in the shootout thread. Why? The more I've played around with e-instruments library and created my own presets,  the more I like it. I actually was able to turn up the clunky key sound I love (way more than in the factory presets in my shootout audio and TBH,  I was going after AcousticSamples sound in their demos). So then Bad Penguin posts --- just like I feel about you, one of the super nice people I've interacted with here plus he's more hardcore on Wurlys than me, he owns a real 200A and I bet, unlike me, he probably can play it well -- and here's the rationalization I tell myself. If I buy the Skybox 145B, which someone here owns and loves (which makes me more comfortable buying from a new developer), I'll have two different model Wurly libraries instead of owning what would make like 13 total 200A libraries (but only like 8 of them are paid, the rest are freebies). 

As far as Vreeds,  it's funny that you and the developer both got the impression I don't like it. He wrote something like "I know you don't like my Vreeds library,  but here's why I think it's worth a second look..." And I was like, "No. You're obviously super talented. It's clearly an awesome library too. There's just some qualities of your Wurlie library like the clunk of  the keys that pretty much sound like my idea of the ideal 200A library."

I don't think you'd be making a mistake buying VReeds. The developer who made both tells me he thinks VReeds is better and obviously he made those libraries and has a lot of talent for capturing great sounds.i just fell in love with the sound of the Wurlie library because it reminds me so much of the sound I heard as a kid from our family's Wurly. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

After sharing my incredible love of AcousticSamples Wurlie,  I really can't justify spending $74 USD on it. Even though I might end up buying Skybox (I think that's the developer's name,  but I could be screwing it up) Wurlitzer 145B library for $35 that was posted by Bad Penguin in the shootout thread. Why? The more I've played around with e-instruments library and created my own presets,  the more I like it. I actually was able to turn up the clunky key sound I love (way more than in the factory presets in my shootout audio and TBH,  I was going after AcousticSamples sound in their demos). So then Bad Penguin posts --- just like I feel about you, one of the super nice people I've interacted with here plus he's more hardcore on Wurlys than me, he owns a real 200A and I bet, unlike me, he probably can play it well -- and here's the rationalization I tell myself. If I buy the Skybox 145B, which someone here owns and loves (which makes me more comfortable buying from a new developer), I'll have two different model Wurly libraries instead of owning what would make like 13 total 200A libraries (but only like 8 of them are paid, the rest are freebies). 

As far as Vreeds,  it's funny that you and the developer both got the impression I don't like it. He wrote something like "I know you don't like my Vreeds library,  but here's why I think it's worth a second look..." And I was like, "No. You're obviously super talented. It's clearly an awesome library too. There's just some qualities of your Wurlie library like the clunk of  the keys that pretty much sound like my idea of the ideal 200A library."

I don't think you'd be making a mistake buying VReeds. The developer who made both tells me he thinks VReeds is better and obviously he made those libraries and has a lot of talent for capturing great sounds.i just fell in love with the sound of the Wurlie library because it reminds me so much of the sound I heard as a kid from our family's Wurly. 

Thanks for taking the time to write this up (and the "overshare" part) 

I didn't necessarily get the impression you didn't like VReeds btw, although I can see how it might look that way given that I asked you if I was making a mistake hehe. I just thought that since you were mentioning the Wurlie library as the bees knees, and I was thinking of buying the VReeds library instead, it was worth asking the question because it's no small amount of money to spend on a couple of libraries that nominally do the same thing as libraries we already have (hahaha). 

I'm coming at this hobby from what I might term the other way around, interestingly enough. No musical training or background really, apart from a love of music and stuffing around coming up with 4 channel "Mod" tunes on an Amiga 500 and then a 486 when I was in my late teens. I intentionally put all of my creative energy into a non-musical pursuit for 23 odd years prior to COVID arising and bringing about a shift in priorities. I had achieved what I was seeking to achieve in that non-musical pursuit, so I am now in a wonderful position with the space to pursue music free from judgement or expectations. It might take me 20 years to release an album, and that is totally OK by me (although I would like to release an album one day). I'm just enjoying the ride and coming at music from first principles like I seem to do with everything. As a result, there's not really any sense that there's such a thing as too much money to spend on what I love... even though it might all be rather mad when looked at objectively 🙂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Craig N said:

Thanks for taking the time to write this up (and the "overshare" part) 

I didn't necessarily get the impression you didn't like VReeds btw, although I can see how it might look that way given that I asked you if I was making a mistake hehe. I just thought that since you were mentioning the Wurlie library as the bees knees, and I was thinking of buying the VReeds library instead, it was worth asking the question because it's no small amount of money to spend on a couple of libraries that nominally do the same thing as libraries we already have (hahaha). 

I'm coming at this hobby from what I might term the other way around, interestingly enough. No musical training or background really, apart from a love of music and stuffing around coming up with 4 channel "Mod" tunes on an Amiga 500 and then a 486 when I was in my late teens. I intentionally put all of my creative energy into a non-musical pursuit for 23 odd years prior to COVID arising and bringing about a shift in priorities. I had achieved what I was seeking to achieve in that non-musical pursuit, so I am now in a wonderful position with the space to pursue music free from judgement or expectations. It might take me 20 years to release an album, and that is totally OK by me (although I would like to release an album one day). I'm just enjoying the ride and coming at music from first principles like I seem to do with everything. As a result, there's not really any sense that there's such a thing as too much money to spend on what I love... even though it might all be rather mad when looked at objectively 🙂 

Thanks for participating in oversharing with me! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1