Buy 2 Korg Volcas, get one free...

e-cue

13 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

I find it so frustrating that there barely are any hardware discounts in Europe. These kinds of sales are always US exclusive

Indeed, at most you can get a 5-10% discount somewhere on the entire stock. Which is still nice if you buy a 2000 synth. But it is weird there are so few. 🤔

4 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Almost as if either the retailers make price agreements among themselves, or the brands impose them.

I suspect some combination of those 2. I expanded my hardware studio quite a bit recently and prices where almost the same across the board. Sometimes a synth is 10 cheaper at store 1, but another is 10 more expensive. It just evens out. This is pretty normal, I'm used to brands dicating their own price levels and discounts for resellers. What I have not seen however, is this level of seemingly unwillingness to discount products ever. 

If you do a price comparison between Bax, Thomann, Musicstore, Tonecontrol, Dijkman, I4Studio etc. you can save some money on just the retail prices. Never a discount though.

1 hour ago, Sander Verstraten said:

I find it so frustrating that there barely are any hardware discounts in Europe. These kinds of sales are always US exclusive

Amazon UK have deals on Volcas.
The Nubass was ~£88 last month. Also seen deals on the controllers.
Another way to get deals is using eBay codes. Some music stores opt in to the 15 or 20 percent off promotions.

28 minutes ago, Technostica said:

Amazon UK have deals on Volcas.
The Nubass was ~£88 last month. Also seen deals on the controllers.
Another way to get deals is using eBay codes. Some music stores opt in to the 15 or 20 percent off promotions.

Sounds like a good deal! The Nubass is 187 at Thomann, normally 209 at Amazon with a deal right now which makes it 167. So yeah, I will count that as a discount. But Amazon UK often has other deals than the rest of Europe.

I try to get at least part of my hardware 2nd hand. I saved 50% on a Fender Champion 40 recently. I got my Novation Peak for 350 less and a Roland TR8S for 200 less.

6 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Sounds like a good deal! The Nubass is 187 at Thomann, normally 209 at Amazon with a deal right now which makes it 167. So yeah, I will count that as a discount. But Amazon UK often has other deals than the rest of Europe.

You can buy from other Amazon countries using the same account.
I received today in the UK from Amazon Spain a WD Black P10 5TB.
It cost just under £70 including shipping and duty.
They will show you the  total price including tax etc in the checkout.