Hearth and Hollow

Reid Rosefelt

4 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

The demo is showing up in my free Kontakt Player but I haven't tried it yet

FYI

Kontakt Player Demo Timeout

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2020/04/23/kontakt-demo-mode/

So, again, if you see the “demo mode” message in Kontakt, this means that you are using the free Kontakt Player plugin. The majority of free third-party Kontakt libraries will work in “demo mode” in Kontakt Player. The “demo mode” means that you can only use the library for fifteen minutes. After that, there will be no sound on the output, and you won’t be able to access the editing features.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, abacab said:

FYI

Kontakt Player Demo Timeout

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2020/04/23/kontakt-demo-mode/

So, again, if you see the “demo mode” message in Kontakt, this means that you are using the free Kontakt Player plugin. The majority of free third-party Kontakt libraries will work in “demo mode” in Kontakt Player. The “demo mode” means that you can only use the library for fifteen minutes. After that, there will be no sound on the output, and you won’t be able to access the editing features.

Ah thanks for that. What a pity. One for the recycle bin then!

1 minute ago, JoeGBradford said:

Ah thanks for that. What a pity. One for the recycle bin then!

Right! That's just the way NI works. Pay them a licensing fee for a serial number, or else!

That's why it's uncommon to see free products for Kontakt Player, although a few exceptions do exist...

Edited by abacab
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, antler said:

A good idea to get the free Kontakt Player libraries where you can - I could be wrong on this, but I think you can upgrade to full Kontakt with some of them, even if it means waiting for the Summer of Sound.

Yes, Antler, that is one of the best paths to the full version of a Kontakt and was how I did it back in the day 😎 When you have one of the Free Kontakt Player libraries you can do a crossgrade to the full version and Summer sales add more joy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, antler said:

A good idea to get the free Kontakt Player libraries where you can - I could be wrong on this, but I think you can upgrade to full Kontakt with some of them, even if it means waiting for the Summer of Sound.

That's exactly how I did it! :)

• Like 1