New Album In The Grammys!

Keni

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Keni

Great stuff and best of luck - hope this goes much further, definitely deserved

Cheers

Nigel

Thanks Nigel! 1st round voting ends today. I don't think I'll make the finals, but wouldn't that be amazing!

• Like 1

Keni, The facebook picture of young you playing your guitar is precious! Long journey. You must have had understanding parent(s) or guardian, I say that as a somewhat discerning mom who raised 2 electric guitar playing sons ha, piano lessons 6 years for them, one also played saxophone and violin and both played the flutophone (?).  The learning curve can be trying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, treesha said:

Keni, The facebook picture of young you playing your guitar is precious! Long journey. You must have had understanding parent(s) or guardian, I say that as a somewhat discerning mom who raised 2 electric guitar playing sons ha, piano lessons 6 years for them, one also played saxophone and violin and both played the flutophone (?).  The learning curve can be trying.

Thanks treesha!

Yeah, yeah, yeah! It was a challenge at least. My wonderful parents supported my joy even though they didn’t feel it a good life path. They believed in me anyway. I had to take piano before they would allow guitar lessons. I went to 2 then quit and began teaching myself... until two weeks later when they signed me up for guitar lessons!

They both continued to support my love of music in any ways they could for the remainder of their lives! Though they still wished I had become Dr, Lawyer, Indian Chief!

🙏👽🎸🎶

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Cliked thread for curiosity , discovered an artist , listening as i type , you def have an universes ,  already have some fav ....

Thanks Zo!

i appreciate your joy immensely.

Outside is my 12th solo album. My 13th (Hear Me Calling) is being released 11/23/22..

The first 2 were released on vinyl (1st 1985) and second on cassette (1989).

The rest are all as In Exile. All  (both names) are on Deep Space Records and available on all major (plus) streaming/download sites as well as original media (yup, I still have stock of my vinyl album if anyone ever is interested). Whew, that was a weird sentence.

The first 2 were recorded to tape (pre digital audio) synchronized to my collection of synths playing live during mix. I used Roger Powell's MIDI sequencer program Texture. The third album (and all after) have been done with Cakewalk software. The first as sequencer only and digital audio recorded to a device of Soundscape (first company (British) who made a free standing digital audio multitrack recorded which used a Windows pc as controller. Then Cakewalk Pro Audio, Sonar, Cakewalk yes!

So please enjoy! I enjoyed the making!

👽🙏🎸🎶

• Like 2

2 hours ago, treesha said:

BTW, the photo hanging behind the young me (13) is a large photo of me with my first stringed instrument. A plastic banjo (at 2.5 yrs old)

😎🎸👽

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gang...

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their' support.

As we all expected, I did not make the finals. It was fun dreaming though.

So in my heart I wish to say that "anything's possible". Who knows. One of these years it might be You walking up to receive an award. I sure hope so!

For me? 

Thrilling ride and...

There's always next year. My NEW album (Hear Me Calling) is being released 11/23/22 and is in time to make the 2023 Grammy's!

It ain’t over until...

My humble gratitude 

🙏 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, craigb said:

2,023 Grammy's???  I would think you'd be happy with just one!  😜

You bet! 

But as I didn’t win, I’m hopeful for another chance! 😉

...and uf that doesn’t win? I’m currently working on my next album which might make the following Grammy’s 

🙏👽🎸🎶

• Like 1