Komplete 14 Due Soon?

Reid Rosefelt

Komplete 11 came out on September 1st, 2016
Komplete 12 came out on September 1st, 2018
Komplete 13 was announced on September 1st, 2020, although it wasn't released until October 1st.

So... maybe Komplete 14 will be announced on September 1st, 2022?  (aka next Thursday?)

Whenever it is announced, what new stuff would be included if you bought Komplete 14 Ultimate CE?  Since at least 2016 (when I began paying attention)  it has been every library that was offically released by NI since the previous version of Komplete. So...

ACTION STRINGS 2
ASHLIGHT
LORES
PIANO COLORS
PLAYBOX
SEQUIS (Edit: forgot this one)
SPOTLIGHT COLLECTION: EAST ASIA
SESSION BASSIST – PRIME BASS
SESSION GUITARIST – ELECTRIC MINT
SESSION GUITARIST- ELECTRIC VINTAGE
SESSION GUITARIST – PICKED NYLON

PLAY SERIES
40’S VERY OWN DRUMS
40’S VERY OWN KEYS
DEFT LINES
EMPIRE BREAKS
GLAZE
MELTED VIBES
STACKS

Maybe.... KONTAKT 7?  There's a rumor...

Sometimes something new is only announced at the time when a new Komplete comes out.

EXPANSIONS
CONCRETE SUN, FREE FORM, YOUNG PHANTOM, MOTHER BOARD, LUNAR ECHOS, SATIN LOOKS, RHYTHM SOURCE, BURNT HUES, ELECTRIC TOUCH, BACKYARD JAMS, SACRED FUTURES, BUMPIN FLAVA, TRILL RAYS, BODY MECHANIK, NEO BOOGIE, SOUL MAGIC, LIQUID ENERGY, CRATE CUTS, CERTIFIED GOLD,

Let me know if I made any mistakes or missed anything.

What this list does not deal with is any changes having to do with iZotope and Plugin Alliance. Or a subscription offering.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

While PA is selling other companies' plugins from their store, I don't think Komplete will include anything from Soundwide; it's similar in concept to the iZotope everything bundle, which only contains iZotope's products. It makes sense for the three companies to keep their identities - there may or may not be a Soundwide bundle/subscription one day, but I don't think that day has come yet.

13 minutes ago, antler said:

While PA is selling other companies' plugins from their store, I don't think Komplete will include anything from Soundwide; it's similar in concept to the iZotope everything bundle, which only contains iZotope's products. It makes sense for the three companies to keep their identities - there may or may not be a Soundwide bundle/subscription one day, but I don't think that day has come yet.

I'm just saying, you never know.  😀

Here's the story on Komplete 7.  This was apparently leaked on some forum.🤔   It may be bogus.

In addition to the big news of the full screen HiDPI browser, there are two new effects--Psyche Delay and Ring Modulator.   Plus "Factory Library 2"

2038674919_Kontakt7.png.bceba0018278900d1e6dbac1c4782bf4.png

And here's the link to the VI:Control discussion.

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/kontakt-7-leak.128982/

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 4

They are definitely due in a month or two.  

As for Kontakt 7, it could turn out to be one of those "we'll give it to you when we release it" things like Massive X.  

As for Soundwide integration, I think it's too soon for that, although there are some synergies that might be nice to explore.

2 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

As for Kontakt 7, it could turn out to be one of those "we'll give it to you when we release it" things like Massive X.  

The general opinion of Massive X seemed to be that it was released at the planned date, rather than when it was ready. I hope when they release Kontakt 7, it's because it's ready; not because of a marketing date.

4 minutes ago, antler said:

The general opinion of Massive X seemed to be that it was released at the planned date, rather than when it was ready. I hope when they release Kontakt 7, it's because it's ready; not because of a marketing date.

I don't quite understand this, as there never was an announced date for Massive X, AFAIK.  It was "whenever."  It didn't come out until the summer.   NI considered that so late that they felt bad and gave a $50 voucher. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

5 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I don't quite understand this, as there never was an announced date for Massive X, AFAIK.  It was "whenever."  It didn't come out until the summer.   NI considered that so late that they felt bad and gave a $50 voucher. 

Just what I read on some forums - people were saying that Massive X felt like a rushed product.

I'm happy to stand corrected if there was no deadline/pressure.

1 hour ago, antler said:

people were saying that Massive X felt like a rushed product.

The rushed product thing is a popular opinion, regardless of any deadline. Version 1 was released in Summer of 2019.

NI finally added a proper preset browser to Massive X in v1.4 THIS YEAR (2022). The product release notes tell the tale of a product released before it was fully baked.

And there are still other WTF "features",  such as you can only automate the macro knobs. No other parameter automation available. And no ability to create and organize custom preset banks. Everything that you, or a 3rd party sound designer creates, goes into the "User" folder. Only NI issued preset banks have custom folder names. 🙄

Edited by abacab
  • Sad 1

Full scalable UI is a must-have in 2022. I sure hope the next version of Kontakt will feature that. The Kontakt ecosystem is too important to be left hanging in the past.

I might be able to understand if NI did not go back to their older plugins and upgrade the UI, but not Kontakt.

Here is a Native Instruments community thread on this topic (5 pages): https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/169/please-make-all-uis-scalable/p5

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1

7 hours ago, antler said:

That's why I said "we'll give it to you when we release it" as opposed to "when it's ready".  

5 hours ago, abacab said:

The rushed product thing is a popular opinion, regardless of any deadline. Version 1 was released in Summer of 2019.

NI finally added a proper preset browser to Massive X in v1.4 THIS YEAR (2022). The product release notes tell the tale of a product released before it was fully baked.

And there are still other WTF "features",  such as you can only automate the macro knobs. No other parameter automation available. And no ability to create and organize custom preset banks. Everything that you, or a 3rd party sound designer creates, goes into the "User" folder. Only NI issued preset banks have custom folder names. 🙄

Which is absolutely mind blowing to me.  These guys invented tagged browsing and three years after the release still have a patch browsing system that can't compete with the first wave of CM plugins?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1