MeldaProduction BETA 16.00c available (Not a Deal))

Promidi

MeldaProduction have made available the BETA release of version 16.00 of all of their plugins.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/downloads

Changes:

Of particular note is MeldaProduction's decision to drop support for 32bit plugins from 16 onwards. 

Also noted on the changes page:

“Backwards compatibility is intact, however note that there is a new optimised storage system using a new format. If you save projects with the new version, old versions won't be able to read the settings. If you'd need to downgrade for any reason, first go to "Settings / Compatibility settings" and enable "Storage compatibility mode for V15", then save the settings”

See: https://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/#changes-16.00c for more changes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, Paul Young said:

This is tempting to install.

I did but will likely need to uninstall and roll back.

MSoundfactory LE has crashed Cakewalk 4 times in a row and it was the only thing I added to a project.  

Normally these Betas seem pretty safe from Melda but this one isn't working as expected on my particular setup.

AND the Windows uninstaller isn't working for it!  (had to delete plugins by using the v15 installer)

Edited by Brian Walton

6 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

MSoundfactory LE has crashed Cakewalk 4 times in a row and it was the only thing I added to a project. 

hmm, that has not been my experience loading projects containing multiple instances of Msoundfactory with this beta..

Are you using CbB 2022.02 Build 39?

Interesting; there's now a selection button for "MStarterFXBundle," which selects a subset of the MFreeFXBundle. 16 plug-ins. I can't spot a logic to which ones are selected. Except for (the almighty) MCompressor and MEqualizer, and MStereoscope, none of them are ones that I use.

Some are FX and some are analyzers or utilities. I wonder if these are going to give newbies the pro versions for free, or if the upgrade price will be reduced for these. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's not upgraded their FreeFXBundle to see if things have changed.

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I did but will likely need to uninstall and roll back.

Normally these Betas seem pretty safe from Melda but this one isn't working as expected on my particular setup.

AND the Windows uninstaller isn't working for it!  (had to delete plugins by using the v15 installer)

Is it vst2 or 3?

12 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Yeah, I put it on a non "OS" drive.  Normally I'm in the same boat, but this one is crazy good.

Maybe when I upgrade my non "OS" drive, I might think about it.....  

but with my old ears, I probably would not be able to tell the difference between a 4 gig Steinway library and Meldway Grand.

3 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Maybe when I upgrade my non "OS" drive, I might think about it.....  

but with my old ears, I probably would not be able to tell the difference between a 4 gig Steinway library and Meldway Grand.

A lot of it has to do with the fact the Meldway has multiple mic pairs that you can blend between.  Basically each pair is around 4 gig.   The Masterygrand obviously isn't a Steinway but is around that 4 gig mark.  The Meldway is quite a step up.

• Thanks 1