All Melda updated to 13.02

cclarry

If you have trouble viewing this newsletter, click here for an online version.

All MeldaProduction plugins have been updated to 13.02. It is an important update which comes up with several improvements, new features and fixes.

The update is free as always and you can install it simply by downloading and using the newest installer from our download page.

List of changes for effects

List of changes for MSoundFactory

List of changes for MPowerSynth

List of changes for MDrummer

• Thanks 2

Has anyone went with the new '13' update?  They have a new 'Look' and am wondering how everyone is liking it?

It seems they have decided to use /Sliders, Buttons, and knobs all together in the new 'Look'. With that bright color scheme that everyone seems to be moving to. And only some of the alternate skins work with it. They are saying that the skins that don't work ain't high on the priority list of things that will get fixed. To me this means "You will take it and like it!"

From the Melda 13 Release Notes page:

There's a new style (Neon), which is enforced as default style and everything is designed to work well with this style "out of the box". This includes everything from basic components to various graphs and analyzers. Previous style settings are ignored now. If you feel the need to get your style settings back, it is not recommended, but you can hack the engine by going to the user settings folder (where the presets are) and copy StyleSettingsV11.cfg to StyleSettingsV13.cfg in proper folders. Note that other styles may not work that well compared to Neon. While we are going to slowly improve other styles as well, it has a low priority. Neon is the new "look" of Melda plugins.

5 minutes ago, Grem said:

Has anyone went with the new '13' update?  They have a new 'Look' and am wondering how everyone is liking it?

It seems they have decided to use /Sliders, Buttons, and knobs all together in the new 'Look'. With that bright color scheme that everyone seems to be moving to. And only some of the alternate skins work with it. They are saying that the skins that don't work ain't high on the priority list of things that will get fixed. To me this means "You will take it and like it!"

There's a new style (Neon), which is enforced as default style and everything is designed to work well with this style "out of the box". This includes everything from basic components to various graphs and analyzers. Previous style settings are ignored now. If you feel the need to get your style settings back, it is not recommended, but you can hack the engine by going to the user settings folder (where the presets are) and copy StyleSettingsV11.cfg to StyleSettingsV13.cfg in proper folders. Note that other styles may not work that well compared to Neon. While we are going to slowly improve other styles as well, it has a low priority. Neon is the new "look" of Melda plugins.

I'm pretty neutral to it to be honest.

I never really liked the look of Melda GUI's, apart from the fact that they're all consistent, but I guess they're ok once you get used to them.

I guess I need to get used to this one now....

31 minutes ago, Grem said:

[...]

It is not bad. I like it more than the previous one. 

mel.jpg

@msmcleod Yeah I am going to get use to it too, eventually!!

@Piotr How did you get the dark look? What skin is that? Carbonite? (That's the one I use. ) How well does it work? I am thinking and hoping I can use the Carbonite skin and not fiddle around with the knobs and sliders and I maybe ok.

2 minutes ago, Grem said:

@Piotr How did you get the dark look? What skin is that? Carbonite? (That's the one I use. ) How well does it work? I am thinking and hoping I can use the Carbonite skin and not fiddle around with the knobs and sliders and I maybe ok.

That looks like the default style to me, which is the one I'm using.

Just go into settings and click Default Style:

image.png.85fe45839de841d299766dcab588268c.png

What I was looking at was a bright green color that I thought was the default. Let me make sure I am getting this right. Will be back!!

Will have to wait till I get home tonight to update and check it out. But on the home page all the plugins are that same color your showing Marc. If it's that color, I got no beef. But if it's that bright ***** green color I was looking at, (and I can't find it again!) IDK 'bout that!

It was a fuglycolor!! I really like Melda plugins! I was thinking " No fella's not that color as your default!!" : )

Edited by Grem

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I am using 13 and I think it looks great actually!

2 minutes ago, Lee D said:

I am using 13 and I think it looks great actually!

I don't know if you noticed Lee, but I was thinking that the new 'Look' was a bright green color. I am thinking I'm wrong in this, according to what the others have posted and what I see on Melda page.

But I am correct in that they have changed it and you will like it!! : ) JK

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Yep, as msmcleod mentioned, it is just default neon:

mel-def.jpg

I am pretty neutral to it all as well. One of the bigger complaints by new users has been curb appeal, and it is definitely getting attention now. I expect this to evolve similar to how the theme editor in CbB did. I am pretty tolerant of growing pains; the stagnant issues are what tend to bother me. 

Melda has been pumping out updates in rapid succession in the past couple of years, and they are pretty receptive to user feedback IMO.

Agree with you Mike. Melda is a great company. And think their plugins are some of the best bang for buck out there. 

I just thought that they changed the default color to this bright green, which threw me for a loop as it was so unlike them!! I am so glad I was wrong. :)