Free/Open Source Vital: Anyone Using It?

I came across Vital Synth today and just beginning to explore for creating Custom Patches/Instruments.

https://vital.audio/

Found that it is supporting Custom Tuning Via Scala Files. 

I am currently playing with it in Standalone Mode and Will also use it as a VST with Band labs.

Putting this out here, just in case there are other Users who are far ahead of me in terms of Usage and Knowledge.

Thanks Sri.

Edited by Sridhar Raghavan
Added a Link
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gnips said:

Yes, but I upgraded to Vital Pro anyway for the  extra set of preset banks + unlimited "Text to Wavetable" access. Plus it's always nice to support indy developers if you can afford it. :)

https://github.com/mtytel/vital/blob/main/LICENSE

mtytel/vital is licensed under the

GNU General Public License v3.0

Permissions of this strong copyleft license are conditioned on making available complete source code of licensed works and modifications, which include larger works using a licensed work, under the same license. Copyright and license notices must be preserved. Contributors provide an express grant of patent rights.

Vital_TTW_Demo.mp3

• Like 2

Just in case it got buried, I want to highlight the most important aspect of VITAL, that is very exciting and of most interest to me.

Support for Indian Classical (and Alternate) Tuning via Scala files.

I already posted a Zip file containing several Scala files covering a wide range of Tuning Systems.

It works nicely as a standalone as well as with Band labs as a Plugin and the ability to create and customize Instruments through a wide range of mechanisms.

Thanks to all posters here. It is nice to see that there is already a "knowledgeable immersed" community here focused on the intersection of Band Labs and Wavetable Synths (like Vital).

regards

• Like 2