Sound Magic Drum One FREE!

cclarry

4 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Any good? No audio demo.

Just guessing, but if they're using a Soundfont engine, it's really not going to compare to the quality level that you'll get from say Steven Slate Drums Free and other high end drum and sampler plugins with free drum kits that are widely available these days. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Any good? No audio demo.

It's poo. Check my review on KVR.

Freebie or not, how do they come off calling this thing a "beta" that's "using the latest modelling technology?" Nothing wrong with .SF2, but it's not even the latest sampling technology. Most of the controls in the UI either don't move or don't have any effect on the sound, which....sounds like a drum kit, I'll give it that. One with the kick level way out of balance with the snare, and other elements panned too far with no way to change it. Most of the labels on the controls don't match what's in the brief manual. Worst, it uses a non-standard drum mapping, so you can't just drop it on a GM'd track to check out how it sounds.

I'd call it somewhere between "mockup" and "alpha" using the dev phase naming I'm familiar with.

It's the first time I've seen a password protected .ZIP since I was doing in-house QA. Maybe the password is there to protect you from wasting time with this.

Avoid avoid avoid.

• Like 2