Strix Instruments PRIPYAT Pianos Sale (Exclusive)

cclarry

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

I just wanted to repost that image of Simeon with his jazz hands -- it immediately made me smile back! :)

My only problem with Simeon videos are when I play the same libraries he does, the pianist doesn't sound even 10% as good as Simeon. Very disappointing. He should screw up once in a while to help lower the bar for guys like me. ;) I kid, I kid. I enjoy his videos. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I just wanted to repost that image of Simeon with his jazz hands -- it immediately made me smile back! :)

My only problem with Simeon videos are when I play the same libraries he does, the pianist doesn't sound even 10% as good as Simeon. Very disappointing. He should screw up once in a while to help lower the bar for guys like me. ;) I kid, I kid. I enjoy his videos. 

I guess this were Jazz Hands approaching something that could contain some radioactive material, so I was a little cautious going into this one.

But seriously, when I got into this one, I felt such a sobering emotion not only hearing the sounds coming from the pianos that were sampled but also moved by the pictures that accompanied them, not to mention the risk that the sampling team took every time they went into this highly radioactive site, amazing.

Thanks as always for the kind support, it can get crazy when you  put yourself out there.

Joyfully,
Simeon

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

I guess this were Jazz Hands approaching something that could contain some radioactive material, so I was a little cautious going into this one.

But seriously, when I got into this one, I felt such a sobering emotion not only hearing the sounds coming from the pianos that were sampled but also moved by the pictures that accompanied them, not to mention the risk that the sampling team took every time they went into this highly radioactive site, amazing.

Thanks as always for the kind support, it can get crazy when you  put yourself out there.

Joyfully,
Simeon

It can get crazy. But I think you've also found a good deal of people who like and appreciate you (me among that group). 

I've contemplated picking up the library,  as it's very inexpensive,  but I'm not sure of situations where I  would use them. It's been a while since I  watched your video -- and I did -- but it seemed that each of the pianos was really unique and not really in the realm of what I  felt would fit my style.  But maybe I should listen again. I mean, I  found them interesting, but probably more appropriate for someone doing trailers,  movies, TV or games. What situations could you imagine using it for? 

1 minute ago, PavlovsCat said:

It can get crazy. But I think you've also found a good deal of people who like and appreciate you (me among that group). 

I've contemplated picking up the library,  as it's very inexpensive,  but I'm not sure of situations where I  would use them. It's been a while since I  watched your video -- and I did -- but it seemed that each of the pianos was really unique and not really in the realm of what I  felt would fit my style.  But maybe I should listen again. I mean, I  found them interesting, but probably more appropriate for someone doing trailers,  movies, TV or games. What situations could you imagine using it for? 

They would be a very specific application for sure.
I could see them in an underscore of some kind with that foreboding feeling.
This might also be a good soundsource to layer with another piano that might have a little more definition and use the Pripyat pianos as a color or textural layer.

I will have to pull these back up and see what might happen.
Joyfully,
Simeon

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

They would be a very specific application for sure.
I could see them in an underscore of some kind with that foreboding feeling.
This might also be a good soundsource to layer with another piano that might have a little more definition and use the Pripyat pianos as a color or textural layer.

I will have to pull these back up and see what might happen.
Joyfully,
Simeon

I think that Pripyat Pianos belong to a similar genre and use case as the IK Cinekinetik: Shipwreck Pianos. Dark and moody, good for texture.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

100% of income from Strix Instruments is currently going to the Ukrainian Army.  So it's a good time to buy directly from them, even if you have to pay a bit more.

Strix Banner.PNG

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

I have updated not only this video but also the videos I have done for the Sonic Atoms instruments to include a fundraiser I started Monday for the HABITAT livestream.
The funds are going to the American Red Cross who in turn will direct the funds for the support of the relief efforts in Ukraine.

1985086326_Screenshot2022-03-02121754.thumb.png.81ce496571c5da766e88fca20dbabd7c.png

• Like 4