Knockin on heavens door, cover mix

The DuoBros

Great Job ! I Really like the Big reverb on the vocals. It works Very well on this particular song . Well sung and Beautiful harmony. If you are looking for any suggestions ..  I would look at the length of the harmony voice on the word "door" in the choruses. I felt like it was held out too long . Maybe just a cut and fade on the tail end letting it shut down with the main vocal would make it sit better. I sure wouldn't re sing it . Just my first impression.. Nice bass line and overall mix as well.  Enjoyed it ..   mark

• Like 1

Nice vocals all the way around.  Love the sound of the electric bass and the electric guitar that is panned right.

The acoustic guitar panned left sounds as though you recorded the piezo pickup signal instead of using a microphone.  My personal taste is I'd rather hear the guitar instead of the pickup.

You might want to try and figure out a way to blend the electric and acoustic guitar sounds.  One way is by just panning the guitar channels.  For this song a better way might be to take advantage of the reverb.  Place the reverb on a buss and run a send for both guitars through the reverb buss.  Then pan the guitar sends so the reverb of the electric guitar is on the left and the reverb of the acoustic guitar is on the right.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

Nice vocals all the way around.  Love the sound of the electric bass and the electric guitar that is panned right.

The acoustic guitar panned left sounds as though you recorded the piezo pickup signal instead of using a microphone.  My personal taste is I'd rather hear the guitar instead of the pickup.

You might want to try and figure out a way to blend the electric and acoustic guitar sounds.  One way is by just panning the guitar channels.  For this song a better way might be to take advantage of the reverb.  Place the reverb on a buss and run a send for both guitars through the reverb buss.  Then pan the guitar sends so the reverb of the electric guitar is on the left and the reverb of the acoustic guitar is on the right.

Thank you for tips you give me, but what kind of reverb is good for guitars (room, plate, hall?)