Revealed: The secrets of Kenny's jazz-inspired fretboard wizardry 🎸

SteveStrummerUK

image.png.ad52a18a879ed932132cf693f8c89071.png

I had a guitar player compose a song where his bassline that I was required to play was just about like that if it was to be accomplished. I told him it could not be played  by me (he only wrote out the notes). He said "that's impossible". So I sez to him "ok you play it". After three or four struggles by him to play his own "composition" he agreed that it was impossible to play and agreed to let me change that one part of the song (IIRC it was a pre-chorus).

New & Advanced Guitarist fingering tips revealed from"The Chord A Sutra ! "

Chapter One .

Nhg9FS9.jpg

That is some funny stuff Steve ! I just noticed the bottom right pinky burnt a hole in the fret board 😅

To the student ,

While practicing these polyphonic chordal fingerings and to aid in the prevention of  burning holes in the guitars fingerboard  I generally prefer  to use a small dab of Becan Grease on my  fingers as a fret board Mojo Lube . If I don't have any Becan grease  on hand I simply  use fried chicken grease .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

….”If I don't have any Becan grease  on hand I simply  use fried chicken grease .”

Kenny

Is that Kentucky Fried Chicken or Louisiana Popeye’s Fried Chicken grease.  I would imagine the later would provide for a hotter sounding Am chord!?

13 hours ago, craigb said:

*Keeps wondering WHY he wouldn't have becan grease...* 🤔

My Becon Grease  apparently went out of the frying pan into the firing line .

fats-poster.jpg

When I get some more I think I'm gonna do this .

1c88fd33ac24d798cd4f98ab9d4c4bbe.jpg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

6 hours ago, craigb said:

*Wonders what this "bacon" stuff Kenny's talking about is...* 🤔

To be perfectly honest with you Craigb , there are times in the past when this "Becan " stuff has turned out to be a very explosive topic of conversation .

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/04/reluctantly-turning-bacon-into-bombs-during-world-war-ii/360298/

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz