Sonicouture Holiday Sale

cclarry

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

Meh.. they had a 50% off deal earlier. Was much better. Me the drum addict am tempted with electo-acoustic. Almost got it back then, but was at that point had just gotten ModoDrums and was having so much fun learning to use it. That I figured take a break on GAS for a bit.

The prices are already discounted by up to 40%...so the extra 20 puts them in a slightly better place

26 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Meh.. they had a 50% off deal earlier. Was much better. Me the drum addict am tempted with electo-acoustic. Almost got it back then, but was at that point had just gotten ModoDrums and was having so much fun learning to use it. That I figured take a break on GAS for a bit.

There was a great bundle deal at NI, but I couldn’t justify the upgrade price. Maybe another time when they repeat the sale eventually. Only upgraded Geosonics from V1 to V2 in the intro period.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Geosonics

How do you like geosonics 2? I don’t have either version but kind of seems there are a lot of libraries that do similar these days. I wasn’t floored by the demo videos but curious to get your thoughts.  

My Geosonics 2 upgrade was $49 which I think matches the intro price.  Codes don't change price.

3 hours ago, kevin H said:

How do you like geosonics 2? I don’t have either version but kind of seems there are a lot of libraries that do similar these days. I wasn’t floored by the demo videos but curious to get your thoughts.  

I've only play with it briefly - been a real crappy year for my creative output...
I really haven't spent enough time with it to do it justice but my initial impression is...

It has very nice nontraditional evolving pads / textures as well as a number of interesting nonpitched strange ambiences that could add some flavor or sparkle to a project. 
If you're looking for something different or do soundtracks for film you'll probably really like it.

If you're looking for a bread & butter & butter library (bass, keys, pads, etc.) probably should look elsewhere.
While there are number of other libraries that mine from this similar territory this collection feels well curated.

YMMV but I like it and I can definitely see using it in a couple of my projects in the future.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

While there are number of other libraries that mine from this similar territory this collection feels well curated.

Thanks, was always curious why so many rave about it.  Wasn’t seeing it.  I’m tapped out at the moment but it’s some thing I’ll keep an eye out for in the future.