Looking ahead (PA deals) to Black Friday

Bapu

Does Plugin Alliance offer a sale on the MEGA subscription on Black Friday?

I'm considering going full on subscription. It's got to be less stressful than spending $20-$50 per pop each month on flash sales, plus I could at least sell the annual $249 voucher each year for at least a Benjamin.

Second question, why don't all of my 44 owned (none are free) show up in my list of available plugins I can transfer? Only 25 show up. Is there grace period where they cannot be sold?

50 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Does Plugin Alliance offer a sale on the MEGA subscription on Black Friday?

I'm considering going full on subscription. It's got to be less stressful than spending $20-$50 per pop each month on flash sales, plus I could at least sell the annual $249 voucher each year for at least a Benjamin.

Second question, why don't all of my 44 owned (none are free) show up in my list of available plugins I can transfer? Only 25 show up. Is there grace period where they cannot be sold?

You cannot transfer inactive licenses, or inactive licenses which require a fee to be paid.

You cannot transfer subscription bundle licenses!

If you have a license for a multiple versions of a plugin (for example, bx_digital V2 and bx_digital V3), then those licenses cannot be transferred separately.

After the license has been created in your account, it is blocked for a license transfer for thirty days. (This affects license purchase, license transfer, etc.)

FREE Licenses can’t ‌be sold, for example the ones you get when you open a PA account, like bx_cleansweepV2, bx_rockrack Player, bx_solo, bx_subfilter, elysia niveau filter, bx_freeranger, etc.

Not sure about deals on the MEGA Subscription as I like to own plugins they sell and since the voucher can only be used in a single shot, there is stress around picking the right time and that likley means you are not realy gettign the best possible deal on owning them as that only happens when you play your cards right over time.  ONly the latest PA plugins are "cost prohibitive" to buy where if you want them a Subscription makes sense, IMO.

Aha, 30 days explains a lot. I have purchased 19 plugins in the last 29 days. So by Oct 4th all of my 44 activated licenses will be available to transfer.

I'll have the month of October and most of November to decide if Subscription is what I want to do.

45 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Aha, 30 days explains a lot. I have purchased 19 plugins in the last 29 days. So by Oct 4th all of my 44 activated licenses will be available to transfer.

I'll have the month of October and most of November to decide if Subscription is what I want to do.

Note they have a $20 per plugin transfer fee on the buyer side, so they can be a tough sell for more than a few bucks for anything but the newest plugins that don't hit massive discounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To quote myself from another thread:

On 1/7/2021 at 6:45 AM, Pseudopop said:

Zo already gave you the answer, but just reminding that the dynamic discount also applies to activation fees.

And since this is the scrooge forum: By my calculations to get the lowest activation fee per plugin you either need to activate two plugins and use a $25 voucher ( (2 x $20 x 0.8 - $25) / 2 = $3.50 per plugin) or activate 10 plugins and use a $50 voucher ( (10 x $20 x 0.4 - $50) / 10 = $3 per plugin). 6 plugins and a $25 voucher is another sweet spot with $3.83 per plugin, but with every other combination you need to pay over $4 per plugin.

Edited by Pseudopop
Fixed the calculations/formulas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1