NI Kontakt Update to 6.6

TracingArcs

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/official-update-status-kontakt-6-current-6-6-0.336867/

Kontakt updated to 6.6 - Important update amongst others : it is now possible to set a user library path in the Kontakt options Loading Tab..........

Komplete Kontrol to 2.6.2, Creator Tool to 1.4.0      Run NA

Edited by TracingArcs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6.6.0 - 2021-07-06
VST3 Target, User content base path, flexible EVENT_PAR routing.

ADDED Kontakt now also provides a VST3 target

REMOVED 32bit VST2 target is no longer provided

CHANGED The Options Load/Import tab is updated and renamed to Loading

ADDED It is now possible to set a user library path in the Kontakt options Loading Tab

ADDED KSP New KSP command redirect_output()

IMPROVED KSP It is now possible to refresh the ui_file_selector

ADDED KSP Scripts can now send modulation events to the new From Script modulator

ADDED KSP It is now possible to attach the ui_meter to gain reduction meters

ADDED KSP Level meter ranges and orientation can now be set with $CONTROL_PAR_RANGE_MIN and $CONTROL_PAR_RANGE_MAX

ADDED New factory script Arpeggiator (sync) based on the listener callback for solid host sync timing

ADDED The about screen now displays the Kontakt target

FIXED When modulating amp release, the release velocity was delayed by one note

FIXED Kontakt could crash on Windows if the system user documents folder was on a USB or network drive

FIXED Kontakt could crash when re-ordering NKIs in a bank

FIXED In some cases external modulator names were missing in instruments created with Kontakt 4 or earlier

FIXED Wavetable Inharmonic knob is now correctly displayed as a bipolar value

FIXED Collection of minor cosmetic GUI fixes

1.4.0 - 2021-06-07
File system access via Lua.

ADDED Instrument Editor: It is now possible to set the grid and BPM with Lua

ADDED Instrument Editor: It is now possible to enable Lua file system access

IMPROVED Lua Script: Log limit is now increased to 100.000 lines

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

Important update amongst others : it is now possible to set a user library path in the Kontakt options Loading Tab

What does it mean or where I can find more explanation on this? I just bought full Kontakt so I'm still new to it.

4 minutes ago, chris.r said:

What does it mean or where I can find more explanation on this? I just bought full Kontakt so I'm still new to it.

EvilDragon (Kontakt wiz), explained this in another forum:

“ADDED It is now possible to set a user library path in the Kontakt options Loading Tab

What this means that for all your non-Kontakt Player libraries, you can dedicate one folder on any of your hard drives, and put all of them there (OR create symbolic links to them, basically grouping all of the non-Player content that you might have in one single location!) Now, if on another machine you do the same thing (could be a different folder, different drive, whatever - as long as the layout of library subfolders within the non-Player content path is identical between the two machines), this means your projects will be completely portable!

Which means, no more "Missing samples" dialog when moving your project between PC and Mac, or whatever else have you! I tried it between my desktop and my Surface Pro 4 (libraries were installed in completely different places on the respective hard drives, and I symlinked them into a non-Player content path of my choice on each machine) and it works like a dream!

Of course, the checkbox that is below the non-Player content path field should be checked, so that relative paths are used based on the non-Player content path itself.”

• Thanks 3