Imageline Sakura

cclarry

5 hours ago, Zo said:

Always been intrigued by this one ... same principle as string studio by aas nope ?

Pretty much...

Debating on picking this up myself.  
With Image-line dropping direct sales of VSTs don't know if this will popup again on sale.

From Sweetwater site:

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Pretty much...

Debating on picking this up myself.  
With Image-line dropping direct sales of VSTs don't know if this will popup again on sale.

From Sweetwater site:

Problem being the support then ... i stay away from now ...

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Been eyeballing this one tew. 

They are no longer going to stay in the 3rd party VST business.

Quotes from IL

We have not made any such announcement. We have stopped selling the VST version.

As I said in another post on the topic, we will be making some announcements in the future that will clarify what we will be doing.

FL Studio sales have been doubling every other year for the last 8. Before that it was more like 10-20% year/year.

The product is desirable, robust and growing like a weed. We will do whatever we need to do in order to focus development on the core application.

The reason VSTs have been out of focus is they account for a tiny percentage of revenue. Single digits and we needed developers working on the core application.

What we have in mind for VSTs will take a little while.

Until then. They work as they did last month and are being updated about as frequently.

So who knows if they would be considered end of life.  They got tired of making sure they work in 10 other DAWs. They do have beta versions released.  I was one of the last to get in on their everything version with VSTs.   I only did because I'm a fanboy and don't use them outside of FL anyway,

• Sad 1