Caleum Audio Tape Cassette 2 - FREE

cclarry

6 hours ago, Monomox said:

Does the world really need YATE?
(yet another tape emulation)

I don't know about this one.  But I'd argue yes, those that are fantastic seem to be a CPU hog....and many on the market are not wonderful....so yes, I'd argue there is room for more in this space.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

Sorry, this is off-topic, AND it's not a cassette tape emulation (VHS tape ), but...

I've been reaching for the Baby Audio FREEBIE Magic Switch for this type of sound.

https://babyaud.io/freebies

I don't know what it is, but whenever I need that smeary/chorusy effect, this one just works for me.  I'm keeping an eye out for their Super VHS plugin now. 

Good freebies=good marketing    👍

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Monomox said:

Does the world really need YATE?

So many emulations and yet what they emulate is what I used to hate about "cassette tape sound" (dropouts, wow&flutter, head misalignment) but they do not provide an easy way to emulate the one "simple trick" I miss that resulted in nice "air" and dynamics (to my teenager ears):

* Record a CrO2 cassette tape with CrO2 Bias and pre-emphasis, and with Dolby-B encoding on

* Play back with FeO2 Bias and pre-emphasis, without any Dolby decoding

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

So many emulations and yet what they emulate is what I used to hate about "cassette tape sound" (dropouts, wow&flutter, head misalignment) ...

+1 !   When someone emulates the squeaking sound of worn out cassettes and everyone starts buying it, I'm out.  😜

3 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

... but they do not provide an easy way to emulate the one "simple trick" I miss that resulted in nice "air" and dynamics (to my teenager ears):

* Record a CrO2 cassette tape with CrO2 Bias and pre-emphasis, and with Dolby-B encoding on

* Play back with FeO2 Bias and pre-emphasis, without any Dolby decoding

I think that's what Slate's Fresh Air freebie is supposed to do, isn't it?

https://slatedigital.com/fresh-air/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mibby said:

+1 !   When someone emulates the squeaking sound of worn out cassettes and everyone starts buying it, I'm out.  😜

I think that's what Slate's Fresh Air freebie is supposed to do, isn't it?

https://slatedigital.com/fresh-air/

I think Fresh Air is a fantastic plugin.  However, I'm annoyed that as a free plugin they really only give you one authorization (and the second one you have to be connected to the cloud).  Just give us two legit ilok authorizations.

I would sign up for a 2nd account to use it, but then that negates all the other ilok plugins via the authorization manager.