PA Summer Sale - June 7 & 8

cclarry

20 Voucher still good - SUMMER-SALE-20OFF

Shadow Hills Class A
The Limited Class A Edition. Red For The Master! The pinnacle of the Shadow Hills Sound - with TMT!

$329 $99.99
Plus local VAT taxes if required*
Save 70% with your checkout code:

SUMMER21-SHCA
Copy/paste this code during checkout!

Vertigo VSC-2
The classic tone of the best VCA compressors from the 70s and 80s with a modern, mastering quality signal path.

$149 $49.99
Save 66% with your checkout code:

SUMMER21-VSC2

SPL Transient Designer Plus
The king of level-independent transient control! Adjust attack and sustain of anything. Snares, other drums, piano, masters, etc.

$199 $39.99
Save 80% with your checkout code:

SUMMER21-TDPLUS

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

Edited by cclarry

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

This should be titled the Summer Meh.   I can't see people biting when many developers bought into the $29 offerings.

With the $20 voucher that everyone gets - many are right in that range so far.  And for arguably a better product.  

I haven't bitten on anything yet, but sale seems comperable to others.  What we haven't seen yet are deep discounts that are in line with some of the other mega PA sales where compounding with sales and vouchers gets into world class discounts.  

We saw SSL -G, SSL Bus Comp, and Vertigo VSC-2 for $30 if you count the voucher.  Honestly that is "better" than the $29 standard given the authorizations you get, and the tech behind them.  Of course we are spoiled that $29 isn't good enough, but if $29 is the standard - I'd pick these over the counterpart all day long.

I could use many of these, but everytime I'm tempted by these plugins and demo them, I become even more tempted to fire up MAutoDynamicEq or MXXX and try to produce that glue effect that I think is the essence of what I find so desirable about these plugins' sound. I haven't been very successful, but on the flipside I'm saving money... I just want the sound, not another ***** compressor/limiter/equalizer/saturator/thingamajingy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sarine said:

I could use many of these, but everytime I'm tempted by these plugins and demo them, I become even more tempted to fire up MAutoDynamicEq or MXXX and try to produce that glue effect that I think is the essence of what I find so desirable about these plugins' sound. I haven't been very successful, but on the flipside I'm saving money... I just want the sound, not another ***** compressor/limiter/equalizer/saturator/thingamajingy.

Honestly with an EQ the differences to me are more about the workflow of an analog-like interface than something like MADEQ (which I also have).   The almost limitless possibilites can get in the way of just making a few adjustments within a certain range sometimes.  

This is why Melda made MTurboEQ, as it cearly is just MADEQ with a interface thrown on it so you can't deep dive.  MXXX is then on a whole different level as the options really are insane as you dive into multi-parimeters.  The "system" is basically the anthesis of working with a single channel strip.  

(and yes, I have an love Meda plugins - it is just a different approach)

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 9:55 AM, LAGinz said:

I’ve got a deal/technical question here. Does the PA Transient Designer Plus have exactly the same functions and features as the  PA Attack Plus, Moverb  Plus and Deverb Plus combined?

I bit on the SPL Transient Designer for that very reason and I *think* they pull these very features out to create the spin-offs you mentioned.  

I haven’t used the spin-offs so I can’t vouch for the “exactly” part of your question but they’re leveraging the same tech in the spin-offs.

Edited by Marc Cormier

On 6/8/2021 at 3:54 PM, Brian Walton said:

Honestly with an EQ the differences to me are more about the workflow of an analog-like interface than something like MADEQ (which I also have).   The almost limitless possibilites can get in the way of just making a few adjustments within a certain range sometimes.  

This is why Melda made MTurboEQ, as it cearly is just MADEQ with a interface thrown on it so you can't deep dive.  MXXX is then on a whole different level as the options really are insane as you dive into multi-parimeters.  The "system" is basically the anthesis of working with a single channel strip.  

I agree! (except about the merits of analogue interfaces

I just don't think a couple of fancy knobs is a good justification for spending more money. If one could dial in that magic sound using other effects, then it would become a matter of loading [rack] presets or adjusting macro knobs.

5 minutes ago, sarine said:

I agree! (except about the merits of analogue interfaces

I just don't think a couple of fancy knobs is a good justification for spending more money. If one could dial in that magic sound using other effects, then it would become a matter of loading [rack] presets or adjusting macro knobs.

Lets put it this way.

I setup multiparimeters and the edit screen of the MADEQ to match the interface of the Maag EQ4 that PA also has a plugin for.  Well, I can't really match the air band, but the rest seems pretty close.  It also took me hours to create that EQ in MADEQ and test it with multi-parimeters.  The Magg EQ4 I got on sale cost me a lot less than my "labor cost" to build it out.

Once you set it up though, the workflow is quite similar.  it is that interface setup that frankly matters from a workflow perspective, and it also took some labor to make it that didn't come "in the box" with the Melda product.

Just now, Brian Walton said:

The Magg EQ4 I got on sale cost me a lot less than my "labor cost" to build it out.

Time is more valuable than money - true.

I just think that having the skill and understanding to emulate these effects without having to buy a context-specific plugin for each and every "coloration" is also valuable enough to deduct from the time spent dialing them in every now and then.

I also much prefer generic interfaces (e.g. Melda) over skeuomorphic ones imitating hardware I have no ties with. YMMV!