FREE Fet Bundle by Analog Obsession (Update)

FranciscoJ

This is an interesting model for independent developers. Download for free, contribute monthly if you can and want. Now I'm remembering Airwindows started doing that a while back.

There's this idea that you only need 1,000 fans to support you. It looks like Analog Obsession found a way to make it work. Good for them. 

Edited by Monomox
  • Like 5

He makes some really nice looking stuff.  I haven't used or downloaded any of the Analog Obsession stuff since the whole "virus thing" a while back.  (search the forum)

FWIW, I ran the 3 "FET" .Zip files above through:

Virus Total: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/

Dr. Web: https://vms.drweb.com/scan_file/

They were clean as a whistle.  So hopefully he's got those issues all worked out, because he sure seems like a hard working dev and is continually putting out some interesting and nice looking stuff.  I'm definitely going to try these out!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

What is my wife going to think if she sees I have downloaded a file called Fetish.zip on my computer and installed a program called Fetish_5.0?

She might be into it...ya never know :P

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, mibby said:

I haven't used or downloaded any of the Analog Obsession stuff since the whole "virus thing" a while back.  (search the forum)

After spending way too much time reading this thread, it looks like AO's website got hacked in Feb 2020 and the hackers inserted malicious code on the 32-bit versions.

I suppose one advantage of using Patreon is that they have more secure infrastructure (at least more than what an independent developer can afford). 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Monomox said:

After spending way too much time reading this thread, it looks like AO's website got hacked in Feb 2020 and the hackers inserted malicious code on the 32-bit versions.

And this is why it's so important for plugin developers to sign their binaries.

Certificates cost money though, and so for a smaller dev, I can understand why they might not do so. However, there are some larger devs out there that I'm fairly sure could easily afford a certificate, but still won't sign their binaries for some reason.

• Like 3