Let them know

mark skinner

R.I.P.   Richard (Ebb) Kimbrough.  Remember his name. We have played together for decades. He was my best friend  and  a co writer when we were both too old to gig. There is a big hole in my heart ..  It's nice to have an "Ebb" folder on my desktop where I can hear his voice.  Better let them know while you can ..  ms

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Sorry to hear that Mark. It is rough when you have a connection like that with someone. There is a true love or hate relationship among musicians.

My mother had me late in life and growing up I was always around older people and naturally gravitated toward them. I joined my first band when I was 13 with a group of older guys in the town I grew up. One of the guitar players in that band just turned 85. I'll be 50 in a couple months. I can't believe I just typed that. Uhg. ☹️

So far I've lost 5 guys I was in bands with. The worst was the drummer Ron from the first band I joined back in 84. We were together 7 or 8 years iirc?. I still can't believe he's gone and it's been 4 or 5 years now.

• Like 1