Spitfire LABS Dulcimer updated

cclarry

1 minute ago, simon said:

didn't know that option existed (and thanks 👍) - still no update though ?

Seems odd that it's not showing up, unless they pulled it for some reason.
I'm showing 1.04 in the info after the update, as it should.

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Did you do the most recent update to the Spitfire Audio App Simon?
That might be the reason it's not showing up...IDK  Current version is

yes, it updated itself the other day

• Like 1

Just now, cclarry said:

Welp...I've exhausted everything I can think of to be a possible cause,
other than a possible re-install of the SAA to see if that fixes it...

thanks Larry - did think about doing that but probably that would be a large sledgehammer to crack a very small nut.  It might fix itself 

• Like 1

Mine showed an update to 1.0.4 and I have just updated.

I also had an "Optimise" button underneath Strings 2. This is one of those odd things which I have seen a lot in the Spitfire Audio program - you hover over the Optimise button and it goes grey but when you click nothing happens and the Optimise button remains there. After exiting SA and restarting it the Optimise button is gone 🤔

got it - had to log out and back in again - suddenly appears (paging @TheSteven)

edit:

one more thing then I'm getting on with my day :)

the original (v1.0.3) version was around 700MB  - the latest one is 113.8MB according to the installer.  There is actually around 650MB of data in the LABS dulcimer folder(s)

Edited by simon
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, simon said:

got it - had to log out and back in again - suddenly appears (paging )

edit:

one more thing then I'm getting on with my day :)

the original (v1.0.3) version was around 700MB  - the latest one is 113.8MB according to the installer.  There is actually around 650MB of data in the LABS dulcimer folder(s)

Glad you got it sorted Simon 👍

I have had a few oddities with LABS since its inception. Just now, after clicking optimise my dulcimer samples folder disappeared!
It's back again now though after doing a repair within the app. The difference in size for the download vs the hard drive content I can only assume is due to the download being compressed.

I used to get Error #0 a lot when I opened LABS which I eventually fixed and the LABS log file was useful for fault finding (under settings - troubleshoot - show log file). Looking in the log file gave some clues (load failure on patches/presets) and I ended up repairing and optimising pretty much all the libraries within the Spitfire app. After doing all the repairs I still had error #0. The log still showed errors for Soft Piano and when I looked at the presets and patches subfolders I found some older versions of soft piano. I removed these (moved them elsewhere temporarily) and it then worked fine with all instruments. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What the hell is Spitfire actually optimizing with that option?
I've not done it because I've not found any info.  I've seen with some companies where optimization meant downgrading samples - for example from 24bit to 16 bit or worse. If it was a step up you would figure that all new additions would be pre-optimized prior to delivery but they're not.  Or if it was that great a feature they'd be bragging about it.

• Like 1