And ANOTHER Ovox Preset Pack

cclarry

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, locrian said:

We're witnessing the birth of a new marketing scheme: give away a sufficient number of free presets to induce you to buy the corresponding plugin.

That must be a good plugin/synth. So I grabbed the 4 free preset packs.

Thanks for the links.

Is Ovox worth the price (I have found it at EP for ca 42 bucks) ?

I don´t have a vocal synth  and have an eye one izotope vocal synth.

Edited by Pragi

43 minutes ago, Pragi said:

Personally I'm waiting for it to drop to $29.  If it does, I'll definitely buy it and put the four preset packs (as well as future ones) to work!

45 minutes ago, Pragi said:

I own VocalSynth 2 but only use it occasionally because, to my ears, the effects are a bit extreme in that they're not very musical.  I'd put them in the 'ear candy' category.  On several occasions I've applied them to vocal tracks (b/c initially they sounded cool) only later to dial-down the effect strength and then, in many cases, remove them completely and replace them with something else.

Ovox, judging from the videos (I haven't tried the demo yet), seems like it would be used more often and in a wider array of songs.  Just my $0.02.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pragi said:

That must be a good plugin/synth. So I grabbed the 4 free preset packs.

Thanks for the links.

Izotope Vocalsynth can be had right now for $49 at Plugin Boutique

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/54-Vocal-Processing/4413-VocalSynth-2

So far, the EP price is the lowest I've seen for Ovox.

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, locrian said:

Personally I'm waiting for it to drop to $29.  If it does, I'll definitely buy it and put the four preset packs (as well as future ones) to work!

I own VocalSynth 2 but only use it occasionally because, to my ears, the effects are a bit extreme in that they're not very musical.  I'd put them in the 'ear candy' category.  On several occasions I've applied them to vocal tracks (b/c initially they sounded cool) only later to dial-down the effect strength and then, in many cases, remove them completely and replace them with something else.

Ovox, judging from the videos (I haven't tried the demo yet), seems like it would be used more often and in a wider array of songs.  Just my $0.02.

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts on this.

I don´t wonna use a plugin as rextreme as the most Izotope Vocal Synth  presets are created.

So I think I´ll go with the OVOX.