Reason 11.2

cclarry

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Ok .. I CAN enable Midi Output but after that I am trying to figure out how to use a PLAYER ( the Arpeggio Player ) so as to control a VST added to a track in Cakewalk??

Anyone fancy a quick dummies guide on how to do this?

Hi Aidan,

Here's a simple example...

- Start a new CbB project

- Add an instrument track e.g. TTS-1

- Add Reason Rack Plugin instrument track

- Open the rack plugin and select "add other device" then select the Dual Arpeggiator. Also check that Enable MIDI Output is enabled on the VST menu.

- On the TTS-1 instrument track enable input echo and select it's input to be from Reason Rack Plugin 1 MIDI Omni

- Select the Reason Rack track and choose a suitable ARP preset then play chords on your MIDI controller 

You should now be able to hear your chords arpeggiated!

717273756_ReasonRackCbB.thumb.jpg.7a5d9a8653241bdc1477dc305dd47202.jpg

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Hi Aidan,

Here's a simple example...

- Start a new CbB project

- Add an instrument track e.g. TTS-1

- Add Reason Rack Plugin instrument track

- Open the rack plugin and select "add other device" then select the Dual Arpeggiator. Also check that Enable MIDI Output is enabled on the VST menu.

- On the TTS-1 instrument track enable input echo and select it's input to be from Reason Rack Plugin 1 MIDI Omni

- Select the Reason Rack track and choose a suitable ARP preset then play chords on your MIDI controller 

You should now be able to hear your chords arpeggiated!

717273756_ReasonRackCbB.thumb.jpg.7a5d9a8653241bdc1477dc305dd47202.jpg

Excellent @ZincT .. I was nearly there. I was using the Reason Rack Plugin EFFECT vs the Reason Rack Plugin ..

Thanking you

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Excellent @ZincT .. I was nearly there. I was using the Reason Rack Plugin EFFECT vs the Reason Rack Plugin ..

Thanking you

Glad you got it sorted Aiden. 

Loving that Glass Ripples Arp preset! Got slightly lost in it for a while there 😀

32 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Glad you got it sorted Aiden. 

Loving that Glass Ripples Arp preset! Got slightly lost in it for a while there 😀

Yip ... its a great player plugin for IDEAS generation me thinks ( I have Reason Intro 11 BTW, got it at a great price as an MPC keyboard owner who had earlier reason bundled ). No brainer really

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I need your help !! I can´t work  Reason Rack Plugin inside Cakewalk, I don't know why if a few days ago I could do.  😕

Just stay freezed and if i click over the screen, show message: "wait the program works" or "close the program". 🥶

Some days ago, both of programs (Reason 12 & Cakewalk) had new upgrades, I don´t know if that be the cause. 🤷‍♂️

Somebody got the same problem? Thanks since now. 🙏

7 hours ago, El Orbhe said:

Hi guys, I need your help !! I can´t work  Reason Rack Plugin inside Cakewalk, I don't know why if a few days ago I could do.  😕

Just stay freezed and if i click over the screen, show message: "wait the program works" or "close the program". 🥶

Some days ago, both of programs (Reason 12 & Cakewalk) had new upgrades, I don´t know if that be the cause. 🤷‍♂️

Somebody got the same problem? Thanks since now. 🙏

I couldn't get it to work in Reaper. 

A few months ago, I had an issue where I could add it to a new track in Ableton Live, but if I closed Live and then tried opening the track it froze.

A workaround was to load Live, add Reason to a track, then load the song after Reason was already initialised. If your freezing is when loading an existing track with Reason already in use, maybe try that workaround and see if it helps?

• 1 month later...

Hello there!! I'm here again.

I need your help, I don't know how can I find a kind of step sequencer to play notes when I choose any Reason Plugin, because I can open it, but I don't know how using the sequencer in Cakewalk because I never made music production in it, just mixing. <

Thnx since now.