another legend gone

simon

That's kinda harsh, posting news of a fellow musician's death as a "deal."

I've never much cared for Pat Metheny either, but I don't begrudge other people listening to his stuff and I think I've seen Mr. Mays credited on some recordings that I do enjoy.

What if someone on this forum were friends with Lyle Mays and saw this mean joke?

3 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I've never much cared for Pat Metheny either, but I don't begrudge other people listening to his stuff and I think I've seen Mr. Mays credited on some recordings that I do enjoy.

What if someone on this forum were friends with Lyle Mays and saw this mean joke?

I sincerely apologise if you feel it's inappropriate - that wasn't my intention.   And the death of anyone is tragic, whether or not you enjoyed their music doesn't really seem relevant, at least to my way of thinking.

I'm flabbergasted as to why anyone would think it was posted as a joke.    I leave it at that.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Yes, it is not the best place to publish such sad news, but @simonfor sure had good intention and only wanted to express his sadness and share with us.

But com on, please do not assume Layle's friends are not intelligent people understanding  what topic 'another legend gone' means and it is not related to any deals or joke (how could anyone have even such idea?) .

Every subforum creates some bonds between people who are visiting it more often and writing each to other... Some of us are not visiting every part and probably this was why Simon wanted to share that sad news with people who he was familiar here in this place...

For me personally Layle was one of greatest heroes music  in my younger age. I liked his unexceptionally tasteful performances, so I was shocked with this news... And firstly get know about it here...I didn't think at the moment reading if it is right place I was crushed and felt very very sorry about what happened :(

Anyway we are people so it could happen oftopic we are talking here not only strictly about deals but also from time to time about things which affected us strongly...

Yes, it creates mess, yes, it makes harder to find what is related to topic, and yes it creates confusion but we are people so sometimes we are failing to be such robotic precise to follow convenience.

Anyway Simon was feeling bad about what happened, wanted to share it with us (maybe not even thinking what would be right place) and now after such 'words' he is probably feeling even worse... This was intention just to punish not caring about how he is feeling now? I am sure you really don't mean it.

Hm, should I feel sorry and guilty I published here wishing Merry Christmas topic addressed just to these group people I know little better and feel little more bonds with them because of it? Not right place, very offtopic but I was thinking only about putting some warm words to people I am meeting here...

Maybe instead such strong reprimand it would be better to write something like "Simon it is so sad, please share the news with whole coffee forum and move the topic there" or something better expressed (considering my broken English is not the best tool to express what exactly I mean).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

Make better use of the forum.   People read that stuff in the coffeehouse.   Please don't clutter it with off topic posts.

2 hours ago, simon said:

I'm flabbergasted as to why anyone would think it was posted as a joke.    I leave it at that.

Lol don't worry Simon, quite literally *no one* is going to misconstrue your post as a joke or that you meant it was a "deal" that Mays died. Some folks just get annoyed at OT posts and I get that .. it's just that I *never* see that same annoyance at all the OT posts in the coffeehouse downstairs--and several of them ongoing--about bacan or becan or whatever the f it is.. lol just saying, if someone is gonna take it upon themselves to crackdown on OT posts all the time maybe don't show partiality because that's even *more* annoying than OT posts. Rock on. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, simon said:

I sincerely apologise if you feel it's inappropriate - that wasn't my intention.   And the death of anyone is tragic, whether or not you enjoyed their music doesn't really seem relevant, at least to my way of thinking.

And I apologize in return, it was my ***** attempt at disingenuous humor, I didn't think that you meant it as a mean joke. I was in a weird mood and posted after I had been up many hours.

The more I thought about it, though, it is kind of odd to see an obituary in with "deals," isn't it?

• Like 1