Steven Slate Drums 5 Free Version

cclarry

I've got most of the major drum libraries - everything from DKH(S), BFD. AD through to SD3, BFD3, AD3, GrooveAgent all the NI stuff etc etc. and I've always resisted Steven Slate

Just downloaded the free version (thanks larry) - and It's totally underwhelming.  Looks (sounds?) like a 1st Generation product - what am I missing. Once you add a few expansions, not that there are many, then it's not especially cheap ?

• Like 1

I have SSD 4 and had hoped there would have been major improvements in the the interface so I installed the free version when it came out, but it did not make the step change needed for me to upgrade.

I think SSD would get more use if the interface was better but I seldom fire it up. There are some nice kits in there but between Superior 3 and BFD3 I am pretty well covered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It might look dated (hell yeah it does) but the free kit (specially the KICK) sounds amazing! I loved it as soon as it went live (I downloaded it immediately).
Expansions for me are not worth it though (maybe just the main upgrade).

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, paulo said:

I seem to remember downloading this a year or so ago. but never bothered to install it. Can't remember why, but knowing me that usually it means a case of too many hoops to jump through. Would that be right?

was reasonably straightforward - but there is yet another bit of management software you need to install 

Thanks Larry for the FYI. I hope you keep em' coming. Even iffin' it isn't something I would use...you just never know. Like others I'm covered pretty well in drums. Addicted Drummer, BFD 2, BFD 3, BFD eco. The ones in Platinum. After hearing the comments I guess I'll pass. I should be ashamed that I haven't really made very good use of all the drums I have...but you know how it is.

• Like 1