Sonible Smart: Comp

cclarry

I spent some time in the Sonible booth at IMSTA New York  and watched them demonstrate it on a lot of different kinds of sounds. As I have the Sonible EQs, I knew how the interface would work, but I was curious to find out what it had to offer as a compressor that my other ones don't offer.

The point they made was that all my compressors that model analog devices color the sound.  And that's great, because they do it in a way that is very pleasing.  We talked about iZotope, which doesn't have modeled effects, but in their opinion does color the sound a lot--and that has been my experience.  It makes sonic choices for you that give you a certain kind of result.  I would call it contemporary. 

But their sales pitch on the Smart:Comp was that it added very little coloration.  Kind of like getting flat speakers.    

Maybe other compressors are designed to achieve that result, but as my ears aren't so great, I like the head start that Sonible gives me with their EQs. 

I don't consider myself an expert on FX, but I'm just passing on what they told me. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

Hum, I thought I got the Proximity EQ this year but apparently I didn't since it's not in my account.

Oddy, your products don't show up in your account unless you buy them directly
from Sonible.  I own SmartEQ, SmartEQ2, Proximity, and Smart:comp...none show 
up in my account...

24 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Oddy, your products don't show up in your account unless you buy them directly
from Sonible.  I own SmartEQ, SmartEQ2, Proximity, and Smart:comp...none show 
up in my account...

So how are we supposed to know if we have it to upgrade? lol

1 hour ago, TerraSin said:

So how are we supposed to know if we have it to upgrade?

How do I know if I'm using the latest version of the plug-in?

If an internet connection is available, the plug-in can automatically check online for newer versions. If a new version of the plug-in is available you’ll get a notification in the plug-in window. By clicking on this label you’ll be forwarded to a website where you can download the latest version of the plug-in. In addition, you can also find the latest version of the plug-in on the product web page.

With smart:EQ2
image.png.86e6f6f3e2cb9c2577cb174ecc569af8.png

image.png.876e8aa881a5c2a4b4ed244b8d811240.png

Doesn't work for my version of freiraum.
No gear icon and clicking on Sonible or program name does nothing.
I've got v1.1.1 maybe that's the latest?

Edited by TheSteven