Keepforest Cinematic Downfalls

cclarry

5 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The new site really doesn't work well with my Firefox at all.   When I try to download I see a flash of a screen and then I get a page complaining about not having a kfp URL handler.  In Chrome that flash of a screen stays up and offers the only download to their download manager on the entire site.

yes I think they are forcing you to use their download manager :(

the "old site" is no better...actually it's worse 

Edited by simon

Beta has lost all meaning.  You ship it to the general public, it's fair game.

I just spent more time than it was worth moving their demo WAV files from the library directory (which it insisted on placing them since it thinks they are libraries) to my Wav/Loop sample directory (I keep Wav/loop files separate from Kontakt libraries) than it was really worth.  Their download manager is trying too hard (pick a bunch of directories) and failing completely.  And of course as a result of re-organizing their stuff there is no way their update feature can work for me.

They also are missing two of my Viking products but had my Evolution Dragon and Atlantica.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't let their download process my full products, which kind of makes it not so useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

In their defense they DO say that it is a "Beta"...so let's not get 
overly critical...yet

Not me.  I find most web developers are total boneheads.  It use to be previous purchase info was retained.  Funny how you get emails but when a web developer takes over you still get those emails but your account no longer exists.   We are in the age of boneheaded and sloppy development.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

Not me.  I find most web developers are total boneheads.  It use to be previous purchase info was retained.  Funny how you get emails but when a web developer takes over you still get those emails but your account no longer exists.   We are in the age of boneheaded and sloppy development.

ouch 😲😁

So, after I had to PROD them on Facebook, I got an answer to my 
question about WHY my Evolution Dragon doesn't show up in my account.
The answer was that "If you bought it from anyone other than us it won't show
up in your account".  Of course it was in the worst broken English ever, which 
was barely comprehensible, but I responded to them that THAT is pretty poor
system, where, if you buy from a 3rd party, but still have to register the software,
that it won't show up in your account.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

This was the answer I received to my post on their websites contact form...
mind you I received NO confirmation of the contact, and NO notification 
that anyone responded...

"Hi there, its a code from other distributor, not must be showed on your KF account."

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

He responded on Facebook with the following:

After black friday we will start to import our clients from other retailers. And will try to improve it ASAP Thank you for understanding

So apparently they ARE working on resolving this, which is good to know!

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, kevin H said:

I just registered evolution dragon but don’t see any of my other KF purchases from other retailers…guess 3 years later didn’t get fixed…

Or as they told Larry:

”notmust be showed on your KF account."”

Yep...that's been my biggest complaint to them...pretty stupid

• Sad 1