Activation Required Notice

1 hour ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Every once in a while I get that ugly red 'activation needed' box pop up when opening Cakewalk.  I think it is in error as I seem to be up to date and already activated.  Have you had this problem, or is it a valid activation needed notice?  

I had something similar recently.  So you don't have to read the full post, I posted the solution that worked for me.  (See quote below.)

I took a chance, logged out of Bandlab from within CbB, looked up the user name and password, rebooted CbB (might not have been necessary to close/reopen CbB), and logged into Bandlab starting from within CbB.  That worked for me.

Others might have different solutions; no guarantee mine will work for others.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo (Other --> Others)
  • Like 1

I'm getting activation required on my off line computer about every 18 days!  I did the offline activation request and accidentally opened CbB on my online computer (instead of the new product center). I had one more day to activate my online pc.  WTF .       

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/27/2024 at 10:50 AM, steve@baselines.com said:

Every once in a while I get that ugly red 'activation needed' box pop up when opening Cakewalk.  I think it is in error as I seem to be up to date and already activated.  Have you had this problem, or is it a valid activation needed notice?  

Thanks

Every day  after booting up windows, the 1st CbB launch  gives me the RED Popup,  I immediately  shutdown CbB and relaunch and Voilà it's activated!!  Noel Borthwick claims it not an error, but a failure to complete a browser handshake ergo a local system problem!   Well, a load of us seem to run into this and it wasn't  happening to versions prior to the final versions, So, go figure 🙄...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/30/2024 at 7:05 PM, Tez said:

Noel Borthwick claims it not an error, but a failure to complete a browser handshake ergo a local system problem!

Hard to get a handshake when your pc is "offline"       !

• Like 1

Two thoughts:

1. Maybe create a sticky thread about activation problems? They pop up in abundance now, which leads me to...

2. It seems that the required activation frequency was shortened a lot in the latest/final version of Cakewalk by Bandlab. :( I've never had to activate this often previously.

The only conclusion I can make of it is that the Bakers want to be able to encourage/drive/force the customers faster to the upcoming Sonar?
  • Like 3

Two thoughts:

Maybe create a sticky thread about activation problems? They pop up in abundance now, which leads me to...

It seems that the required activation frequency was shortened a lot in the latest/final version of Cakewalk by Bandlab.  I've never had to activate this often previously.

The only conclusion I can make of it is that the Bakers want to be able to encourage/drive/force the customers faster to the upcoming Sonar?

Yep, agree with you on all points!

• Like 1