COVER of Procol Harum "Whiter Shade of Pale"

PavlovsCat

This is my cover of Procol Harum's Whiter Shade of Pale.  I welcome any advice on improving the mix (unfortunately, I can't do much to improve the vocalist or musician). 

Thanks, Peter

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

Oooh now covering this could be considered as extremely brave - even sacrilegious in some circles - but I think you did an amazing job with it. Nothing to change here. 

Loved it

Andy

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

A nice modernized interpretation of a classic - really good.  I like the way it builds and that the organ gets introduced later in the song.  Good ideas.

Hi

Agree with what Steve said - a great update on a classic track

Cool

Nigel

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks so much for the encouragement, everyone.  It's especially nice considering that most of you have much better quality performed songs on this forum that I really enjoy. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

On 4/24/2024 at 7:42 PM, AndyB01 said:

Oooh now covering this could be considered as extremely brave - even sacrilegious in some circles - but I think you did an amazing job with it. Nothing to change

^^ This ^^ especially as the band came from just down the road to me. Mix works, don't crit your own vocal, sounds fine here, interesting take with the piano intro. Good Job :)