OsTIrus -- FREE Virus Ti Emulator By The Usual Suspects

locrian

Awesome plugin!

Really miss my Ti2

Dumb question ..how do you favourite a preset in this plugin? I can see the favourites folder in the Browser tab but not managing to favourite presets 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

Awesome plugin!

Really miss my Ti2

Dumb question ..how do you favourite a preset in this plugin? I can see the favourites folder in the Browser tab but not managing to favourite presets 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tried everything drag and drop , right click , to loacate a folder ....nada , niet , nothing , zero 

• Like 1

Finally got it!

In favourites folder right click and select add ..choose a name for the folder

This wil create a folder inside favorites folder and now you can drag and drop your favourite presets into that folder

It is simple but not that intuitive

Other than that im really happy that this exists!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

Finally got it!

In favourites folder right click and select add ..choose a name for the folder

This wil create a folder inside favorites folder and now you can drag and drop your favourite presets into that folder

It is simple but not that intuitive

Other than that im really happy that this exists!!

I saw this option but i thougth it will replace the favorite name lol  Thks for being the guinean pig

lol

• Haha 2

This project is hands down one of the most incredible things to hit the plugin market in years. Perhaps ever.

I own two Tis. A desktop and a keyboard version. Its is identical. Only the A/D converter outs are skipped of course. But the actual code running on it is 100% bit identical. They even matched the default level out on the USB outs (92db) so it would sound as identical as possible.

If someone says they can hear a difference it's their audio interface A/D converters which is very, very subtle and not worth complaining about or even mentioning really. They need to be making music instead of complaining about .0001 difference in their signal chain.

This was no easy task I'm sure. It's something no one else has attempted nor succeeded in doing before that I'm aware of. 

Actual DSP chip emulation so you're running the ACTUAL firmware.bin ROM file (which is the actual Virus OS) of the Virus TI (OsTirus) or A/B/C (Osirus).

Incredible.

Plus they are working on the Microwave XT next and perhaps the Nord Lead 3 in the future. Even the SuperNova is on the list! Great days are here and ahead. The TI has 2x DSPs they're emulating already. The NL3 has 6x and the SuperNova will have 8x! OMG. Just emulating 2 DSPs was a mountain to climb I'm sure but a great first milestone to achieve.

It really does sound incredible. I wished all VST soft synths sounded this good. Sadly very few do.

Get it. Use it. It's free. (If you own a virus).

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/faqs/

image.thumb.png.a25ae623dc5690228b870da56cd9e831.png

Edited by Rational
  • Like 5

Well said. I should have mentioned that.

I donated the day they said they released OsTirus as an alpha for donators only.

It's been fun watching the development and contributing bug reports and having fun with it.

Absolutely in love with this thing and this dev group. Wished more options like this were out there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

I was having fun going through all the soundbanks and then had to update my video driver for another project and now the OsTirus crashes when I launch the GUI. Does anyone know a box I can uncheck (or other similar maneuver) in the nvidia control panel that might resolve this issue?

Did you download those drivers or something else into your soundbank folder? If so, it can cause OsTirus to crash on opening. Only have your presets in your data source folder. Also be sure to reboot.

Edited by Rational
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2024 at 9:09 PM, Sergio said:

They probably cannot port this for copyright reasons but... the first incarnation of Korg OASYS was based on the Motorola 56301. I still have my Oasys PCI card and always toy with the idea of building a Win98 computer just to run it. Who knows...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg_OASYS_PCI

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/korg-oasys-pci

Oh, interesting. I'd not looked in to the Oasys PCI card yet. Good to know it uses the same chip. Thanks for sharing.

I picked up an actual Korg Oasys keyboard two years ago and haven't had time to even mess with it yet. I need to hook it up and play with it. Got to back it up too to be safe. Korg was nice enough to let me register it so I need to complete that process now that I think about it. Thanks for reminding me.

On 4/30/2024 at 11:20 AM, Sergix said:

Cool synthesizer! But the processor doesn't think so😂

Yeah, it's a bit CPU hungry still, but it is emulating two of the Motorola DSP chips for the Ti.

You can choose 'snow' mode which lowers it to 1 DSP. You can also overclock and underclock the DSP!

I also use it on a Ryzen 3900x and it is pretty good on that.

Thanks @satya I forgot to mention the Vavra plugin. It's also incredible.

I can't wait until they emulate the Korg MS2000. Of which I own. But would still love it in plugin form!

Edited by Rational
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rational said:

Oh, interesting. I'd not looked in to the Oasys PCI card yet. Good to know it uses the same chip. Thanks for sharing.

I picked up an actual Korg Oasys keyboard two years ago and haven't had time to even mess with it yet. I need to hook it up and play with it. Got to back it up too to be safe. Korg was nice enough to let me register it so I need to complete that process now that I think about it. Thanks for reminding me.

If I'm not mistaken on the keyboard version Korg ported Oasys to an intel based platform running a customized unix OS. I don't know if there are motorola dsp processors on the keyboard but I doubt this.

At that point I lost interest in this platform (too expensive among other things) and changed to a system based on Sharc dsp boards from Creamware.

I found this two part article about Oasys on the Sound on Sound magazine that I read at the time but don't remember the details:
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/korg-oasys-part-1

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/korg-oasys-part-2