Snapshot Maker/Snapshot Player - Audio Assault's entry into the Capture Scene

Heath Row

Except it's pure DSP

image.png.8a188a0c23136ec47cbb538ffc6fd4d8.png

jgch607hm4dk1s2rzgkfsmiakz2i.png?width=1

Snapshot Maker

Is the new software that will convert your physical guitar rig into a digital version. Our pure DSP automatic modeling technology will recreate you entire signal chain (Tube Screamer, Amp, Cab and, Mic, for example) with an incomparable and realistic quality.

The capturing process will take only 30 seconds, after that you can enjoy the digital version of your Rig.

After capturing your signal chain the Snapshot Maker will generate a file that can be used with the Snapshot Player to reproduce the capture of your Rig, then you just need to Plug and Play!

You can use the Snapshot Player as Amp Simulator in your Daw's guitar track, loading it with your own "Snapshots" or our own.

mp7r4mzn3pc9irmtkp5pgqf40ynv.png?width=1

In the image above you can see the simple setup you need to capture your Physical Rig.

The Reamp Box is for optimal circumstances, but without it the final result is still as good as with it.

abr54bdb1x0vr641iitapnk20k8a.png?width=1

Snapshot Player

The Snap Shot Player is the software that allows you to load the captures, you can use it as "Amp Sim" insert in your Daw's guitar track. The Stand Alone version can be used to playing around without a Daw.

Snapshot Player is loaded with 20 captures of different rigs for Clean, Crunch and High Gain tones.

If you want to try out more tones, we have 2 Snapshot packs captured from physical amps:
VT-PB C100 Pack, captured from a VHT Pitbull 100
and
RockBlast Pack with captured of a EVH5150, Randall Diavlo 45 and a Bugera 1990.

image.thumb.png.71f92b092212989ca9515f8236198f00.png

https://audioassault.mx/collections/snapshots

Edited by Heath Row
  • Great Idea 1

• Heath Row changed the title to Snapshot Maker/Snapshot Player - Audio Assault's entry into the Capture Scene
7 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Waiting on the Melda one. 

Well, you might be waiting a while, not long ago they added to MGuitarArchitect, in their own words 

"the third-party Neural Amp Modeller (available as a free amp profiler plug-in from Steven Atkinson)"  .

So they added a third party solution to their latest and greatest Guitar plugin, which was only recently-ish released, make of that what you will.

Then again, who knows?

37 minutes ago, Heath Row said:

Well, you might be waiting a while, not long ago they added to MGuitarArchitect, in their own words 

"the third-party Neural Amp Modeller (available as a free amp profiler plug-in from Steven Atkinson)"  .

So they added a third party solution to their latest and greatest Guitar plugin, which was only recently-ish released, make of that what you will.

Then again, who knows?

And then they asked for submissions of different guitars and pick up settings for a “new and exciting project”. I submitted so many I ended up getting Melda Complete for a tenner so make of that what you will :):). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

TONEX is where its at, IMO nothings come close. I wasn't expecting much from this, but good to see them have a crack at it, and now I've run the demo my expectations came true. You can mess around tweaking and get something passable, but that will be my first and last outing with Snapshot Player just as I thought it would be unfortunately.

Melda, well I'm not a Melda fan to put it mildly, although I did buy MGuitarArchitect, after giving it a look for a couple of days, never opened it again, I doubt they will come near TONEX, just that none of thier guitar stuff has really done anything to date, but if they do well good on them, it will be the second Melda plugin I own. 😉 Always up for something better.

Edited by Heath Row

I’ve been avoiding Tonex. I have AmpliTube and every single one of the the other million amp sims out there. I don’t really understand Tonex to be honest. I also don’t understand the different versions. I read someone in a forum saying he regretted buying Max as it didn’t really offer him much more than what he got in SE. I know there’s obviously different captures but as I said I don’t understand it. Not sure I really understand the whole capture thing when it comes to it.  I’ll probably buy Tonex Max anyway if it goes on sale for €79.99 again. (Which it undoubtedly will). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heath Row said:

TONEX is where its at, IMO nothings come close.

Great, detailed modelling, loads of ready to go profiles. Really an outstanding piece of software. But the profiling process is too slow and can occasionally stall, requiring another attempt with from scratch, which includes setting up routing and filling the preset form with information, etc. Profiling a little pedal (with my favorite settings) took me almost three days.

I haven't tried profiling with AA Snapshot Maker, but the player is indeed very CPU efficient.

• Like 1

I am  sick of chasing tones.  All of this innovation has given me option paralysis.  I've found myself going back to Scuffham S-Gear for anything that doesn't require high gain.  Gets me back to music and out of the software race.  And I've got just about every amp sim under the sun.  YMMV.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, MrFigg said:

I’ve been avoiding Tonex. I have AmpliTube and every single one of the the other million amp sims out there. I don’t really understand Tonex to be honest. I also don’t understand the different versions. I read someone in a forum saying he regretted buying Max as it didn’t really offer him much more than what he got in SE. I know there’s obviously different captures but as I said I don’t understand it. Not sure I really understand the whole capture thing when it comes to it.  I’ll probably buy Tonex Max anyway if it goes on sale for €79.99 again. (Which it undoubtedly will). 

Just buy the pedal and a whole bunch of 3rd party packs and then throw the other software in the trash can.

Pedal give you the physical pedal plus Max.

I argue that you don't need max, but that also assumes you buy 3rd party packs which is going to add up to real money.  

The problem with max is that IKM didn't capture each amp using the same cab and mic combo across the gain range so you are left with random captures of an amp.

The difference between ToneX and everything else is realism of sound and feel of a micd up rig combined with the ecosystem of both hardware and software that sound the same.  

It is just amp, reverb and comp...no other effects chains.  

SE vs Max is the number of amp and profiles you get from IKM but either give you the ability to import from others or create your own.  Lots of great free captures but paid packs (or capturing your own gear) is where ToneX really comes to life.

IKM created great tech, but could have used a different approach to the captures they made in house.  

If you have jam points use them to get the pedal is my advice.  

And if you really only work in the box, getting AXE solo on sale which comes with SE would be the other deal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Just buy the pedal and a whole bunch of 3rd party packs and then throw the other software in the trash can.

Pedal give you the physical pedal plus Max.

I argue that you don't need max, but that also assumes you buy 3rd party packs which is going to add up to real money.  

The problem with max is that IKM didn't capture each amp using the same cab and mic combo across the gain range so you are left with random captures of an amp.

The difference between ToneX and everything else is realism of sound and feel of a micd up rig combined with the ecosystem of both hardware and software that sound the same.  

It is just amp, reverb and comp...no other effects chains.  

SE vs Max is the number of amp and profiles you get from IKM but either give you the ability to import from others or create your own.  Lots of great free captures but paid packs (or capturing your own gear) is where ToneX really comes to life.

IKM created great tech, but could have used a different approach to the captures they made in house.  

If you have jam points use them to get the pedal is my advice.  

And if you really only work in the box, getting AXE solo on sale which comes with SE would be the other deal.

Thanks :)  i just got an audient id4. Ach…i don’t know. I’ve got my hot rod deluxe and my ac30 and all the pedals I could wish for. Guess I’m fine with the sims I have really. I’ll spend the €80 on something for the kids. They were actually sat in front of my computer for 3 hours straight making a song in reason. They didn’t know what they were doing and managed to completely fck up a couple of Softube plugins but I’d rather than than have them watch tic-toc all day :)

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

This approach to modelling had been driving crazy until I realized, that any profile can be easily tweaked to one's heart content. Although there is a difference between the real signal chain capture and a tweaked preset, it is so miniscule and negligible, that it's easier to just use, say, three presets from one profile than to endlessly sort profiles, looking for the perfect combination.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I may have done Snapshot Maker/Player an injustice, I went back and gave it a bit more time, I purchased the Player and the 2 packs, 1 is DI and the other Full Rigs.

It has stuff missing like being able to disable the Cabs is my main one, I'm sure there is plenty more, but I just ignore them and take it for what it is for now.

I'm going to hit the Devs with some feature requests and see how it goes.

There only $5 each, bar the Maker which is $15, which I'm not interested in, same as I'm not for TONEX, so it's not exactly a big risk/spend.

I hope they get a steady stream of addon packs, but I fear that might not be the case, time will tell.

This might be the only Amp Sim I will actually use since TONEX came out, and I pretty much own everything. I can see this getting some use as is with the 2 addon packs and the core set, I already have some people liking it.

TONEX will still be the most used, and certainly in my personal projects etc, but I will follow AA Snapshot along and see where it goes.