Musical Sampling Parker Oboe | $49 | New Release

cclarry

I never see many posts about this developer, and I only have one freebie they gave away some time ago (a trumpet for KONTAKT). But that freebie is really nice and I suspect this developer is top notch based upon that and the demos.  Even though I'm not in the market for an oboe, the demos for this sound superb. 

I'd love to hear from those who own their libraries. Is this indeed a very talented developer that deserves more recognition, as I suspect is the case?
How playable are their libraries?
Do they have any libraries you'd strongly recommend we check out?  

• Like 1

The developer is excellent, @PavlovsCat. I have their Atelier/Austin trumpet, sax, and clarinet. I don't use them much because for the mellow jazz sorta stuff I like, StraightAheadSamples is hard to beat. But with SAS, the wonder happens when you activate SmartDelay, so just playing in on a keyboard isn't necessarily much fun. The strength of Musical Sampling instruments like this is that you can just noodle and it will sound really good.

With that said, all the scripting in the world won't stop an oboe from being an oboe, so I'll be passing on this.

The library I'd like to try out from Musical Sampling is Soaring Strings, which often goes on sale for $129. Check out the 'Commanding the fleet' demo. It's stunning, and probably the best product demo I've ever heard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, gentlemen! I'll put Musical Sampling on my watch list.  I do remember a thread about StraightAheadSamples, @Craig Fowler and their demos sound very compelling to my ears. I've just cut back on my spending and only buy during major sales. Clearly,  there's no shortage of extremely talented developers out there. Thanks for helping me navigate through the pack to find the best ones, guys. 

• Like 1