Eric Carmen, 'All By Myself' singer and frontman of the Raspberries, dies at 74.🤘

Singer-songwriter Eric Carmen, frontman of the power-pop band the Raspberries who went on to achieve success with songs such as "All By Myself" and "Hungry Eyes," has died.

He was 74. The news was announced Monday on his website with a message from his wife, Amy Carmen.

"It is with tremendous sadness that we share the heartbreaking news of the passing of Eric Carmen. Our sweet, loving and talented Eric passed away in his sleep, over the weekend," the statement reads. "It brought him great joy to know, that for decades, his music touched so many and will be his lasting legacy".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

RIP even though he was not my cuppa.

I did see him with Ringo's All Starr Band and I have to admit that I went to the loo on purpose when his "All By Myself" was highlighted.

I also did the same for "Yellow Submarine".

• Like 1

A classic in so many ways!!!  Early tribute to the Beatles decades before tribute bands, yet stands on its own merit as an original song written by Eric Carmen. Super big hit on my college radio station (and I'm sure on many others).  Very orgasmic!!!

Thanks for some really memorable songs.  RIP.  

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bapu said:

I have to admit that I went to the loo on purpose when his "All By Myself" was highlighted.

I also did the same for "Yellow Submarine".

Nothing like the firsthand perspective to "experience the music." Probably a good thing Divinyls wasn't at the show!

His career got a boost when Dirty Dancing came out, and made me take a look at his older material. RIP.