Am I reading the “tea leaves” right? (Sonar Activation)

15 hours ago, Hillmy said:

When Sonar is released it will no longer be "early access" and no longer be a part of the BandLab Membership. So if you purchase an annual subscription to BandLab Membership for the sole reason of using Sonar, then don't be surprised when you no longer have access to Sonar if it gets released in under a year and you have to actually buy the program to use it again.

Unless you are an executive at Bandlab, you don't know this for a fact, and you are just speculating. You might turn out to be correct, but your forceful "this-is-the-way-it's-going-to-be" presentation is, at this point, really just guesswork. We are all -- as we have been for the past nine months -- waiting to receive the final verdict from Bandlab.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Originally I asked:
"So is the Sonar “price of admission” the BandLab membership? If so I’ll convert my “3 days free” to a yearly membership."
What I meant to imply there was; I am perfectly happy paying $150 a year for Sonar.
What I should have asked is:
Will one option to using Sonar be the BandLab Backstage Pass?

Noel answered this:
"If you want to start using Sonar right away, backstage pass (which includes both Sonar, Next as well as other bandlab perks) is the only available option right now. There are plans for other purchase options but there isn't a known timeline just yet."

Admittedly he does affirm or imply that Backstage Pass will ALWAYS include the use of Sonar or Next

pwal said:
"don't forget it's up to bandlab, not the bakers"

to which msmcleod answered:
"Thanks for pointing that out... I think people forget this!"

Unless I "missed" something that's it in a nutshell.

Hillmy is correct in that nowhere on CakeWalk.com is it stated Backstage Pass will always include the use of Sonar and Next.

While I lean toward agreeing with Will:
"Those who purchace a Backstage Pass gets an Early Access membership. This means that if you own a Backstage Pass you have the privilledge of getting the full DAW including new releases and updates before the general Public!"

Only time will tell...

Larry Jones has the "best" answer:
"Unless you are an executive at Bandlab, you don't know this for a fact, and you are just speculating."

so Bristol should have the last word...

25 minutes ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

This thread needs locking. It's only going to end up one way.

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 2