New Song: The Best View, You

Dazzla

Hey Guys, I've spent the last few months learning and taking feedback from the awesome forum and am happy to present my second track to you all your review and comments. With this song, I was going for a more upbeat vibe and wanted to factor in a guitar riff. Its electronish. I'm looking for feedback on every aspect of the song i.e. production quality, genre, vibe, target audience, etc. I want to take my production to the next level and am on the lookout to start adding more gear to make my content more professional sounding. Thanks and I hope you enjoy this one.

Edited by Dazzla
  • Like 1

Interesting tune, some elements are overpowering others like the HH to forward and then the vocal sounds like it is in a difference space,  It is also very boxy perhaps a little to much reverb  and you have done a very deep bass cut.

Hi Dazzla, I think this could be a very quirky piece with some more work on the mix. The HH as Wookiee says is overpowering and is gone at times also. I would start with working out the rhythm elements like the hh and whatever drums/bass are used. Maybe less HH hits and not so prominent. Then I would add the chordy stuff so they mix nicely, then I would put the vocals in. Lastly the accent stuff. As the song is now, I get what you are going for and like it, it just needs some changes. The vocals are good in form and attitude, but very dark and sound kinda far away from the song body. The song overall as it is now does not sound clear, its kinda muddy and the parts do not seem gelled together. I do enjoy it and encourage you to go further with it. Good luck and keep learning !  

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting The op returns last Saturday and seems to not have comment here or in the other post they abandoned??

I find it weird behaviour to post on user forums and  not stay involved in your own threads. At least leave a Like or Thank you.  
Edit: Feb 13. 
Note the OP has returned to the forum a few times including since I posted this. 

Edited by John Vere