Waves Buy 2 Get 1 Free

cclarry

Yeah, have you seen the prices?

They jacked up the prices once again.  I guess if you want to buy any of their products, they've made it known that Xmas time is the best time of year for the lowest prices.  Wait till the end of the year or find something else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah, have you seen the prices?

They jacked up the prices once again.  I guess if you want to buy any of their products, they've made it known that Xmas time is the best time of year for the lowest prices.  Wait till the end of the year or find something else.

You' think after the subscription debacle that they'd laid low on price increases and try to re-build some customer good will.  I get the feeling that their director of marketing might have worked for Sears and been on the Betamax team. 

• Haha 1

Their free choices are limited.  Easy pass.  Hopefully I can say that on everything DAW related.  Pass-too much stuff. Free? Pass-too much stuff.  It probably wont last long but Waves makes it easy.

• Like 2

The great thing was all the give aways they've had over the years.

I found a plugin, I've never used or needed, but now that I need something, it was one of their freebie plugins "MetaFilter", that I found that I needed because I couldn't find a tempo based gating plugin that I would want to buy.  I actually own that filter...lol.  It was a freebie, so I never really gave it a chance, until now.  I saved money because I don't need to buy a plugin anymore :)

so, lesson learned.  Don't ever throw away a plugin just because you've not found a use for it.  Someday, you might find you need it, and when you actually find you own something you need, then you are so much more happy :)

It's better to own something and not need it than to need something and not have it.

• Like 2