Any way to buy or obtain Cakewalk Pro Audio 8 or 9 with serial number that will work?

AB7

There is no download in my purchases section for these programs and I am trying to open up an old file.

I have a CD for Pro Audio 9 - and I have the CD key - but the serial number is missing and not on my purchase list, even though I purchased it.

Any thoughts?

About 18 years ago this came up in the Cakewalk Music Creator forum.
I investigated my MC 2003 disc and found that you can (could) find the serial number on the disc.
Explore it; you might get lucky.

6 hours ago, Alan Bachman said:

There is no download in my purchases section for these programs and I am trying to open up an old file.

I have a CD for Pro Audio 9 - and I have the CD key - but the serial number is missing and not on my purchase list, even though I purchased it.

Any thoughts?

You have Pro Audio 7 and 8 serials registered to your email. You'd need an old version of Windows to get those to work properly though.

There's no downloads for any of those versions as they long predate making those available.

10 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

No personal experience, but opening them in the current Cakewalk by BandLab might work. Tried have you?

@Alan Bachman You can definitely open .wrk files in Cakewalk by BandLab. Obviously ancient plugins might not be there, but the file format is compatible with CbB. As far as some of the plugs go, you might have more luck recovering those if you have a 32-bit SONAR install, but all the actual data will load in 64-bit fine. 

• Like 3

It does not work in the current version.   But it may not work in the earlier version either!  I hope to find out soon.  Thank you kind people.

3 hours ago, Alan Bachman said:

It does not work in the current version.   But it may not work in the earlier version either!  I hope to find out soon.  Thank you kind people.

I can still load old WRK files made over 20 years ago in CbB 2023.09 Build 75

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alan Bachman said:

It's possible there might be something weird with the file too if it's not opening in CbB. It should open though- you could try Safe Mode (holding shift when clicking open on the file from within Cakewalk) and click NO TO ALL when prompted about loading plugins. 

• Like 2