Rigid Audio Everything Bundle - Question, not a deal

husker

I know Rigid Audio has been featured on the Deals page several times, but what is the overall opinion on the products.  Seems like quite a bit for $40 or so.

On another note, pricing in this industry is really odd sometimes.   One can buy the Everything Bundle direct from Rigid Audio for $40, but PluginBoutique has the same thing for a mere $550.    😕

1 minute ago, husker said:

I know Rigid Audio has been featured on the Deals page several times, but what is the overall opinion on the products.  Seems like quite a bit for $40 or so.

On another note, pricing in this industry is really odd sometimes.   One can buy the Everything Bundle direct from Rigid Audio for $40, but PluginBoutique has the same thing for a mere $550.    😕

I own several Rigid Audio libraries and find them to be mediocre. I've owned them for several years and have never used one in a production.  Consequently, I've stopped buying them, now when you can easily buy one of their libraries for prices like $1.99 USD. 

The consensus at this forum tends to be pretty close to my experience, that their libraries are mediocre and there's often posts about file sizes for some of their libraries. I consider Triple Spiral Audio and Karanyi much better at doing synth patches. Of course, that's completely subjective. On a more objective level, I find Rigid Audio KONTAKT files run fine. Historically, Rigid Audio would wildly inflate their list prices in order to promote outrageous (massive discounts) of 90% or more. They seem to have stopped doing that, or they're doing it a lot less lately. 

It depends on what you want to do with them.   If you are into electronic genres they are fine. 

You can view it the way some do with plugins and think wow a no brainer because it's like $4 a plugin.

When you accumulate so much stuff it's only useful if you force yourself to use them. 

I just recently bought a Rigid Audio library and I forgot the name of it already. Oh it was Ion Storm.  It was a riser type thing.

There's so much stuff out there with "I never used it in a track" because they don't work well with other instruments unless you use the same instrument and the other presets.   It reminds me of another developer who use to do group buys every year. Sure they sound great but.........how would I use it in a track.

You could buy one of the libraries and see if you like it before getting everything.

• Thanks 1

I have the everything bundle and I regret buying it, even though I got it for only 34€. 

The thing is, none of it offers the type of sounds that I'd actually use. But that might depend on the genre you're doing. Me, I like synthwave, trap, pop, rock. The Rigid Audio instruments are mostly soundscapes or somewhat experimental. 

• Thanks 1