Good

Glenn Stanton

so (long ago - 1984-85) my family dog passed and my brother was very upset with it and really down. so i wrote this song to provide some hope and acceptance of the situation.

originally i started this new version with lot's of instrumentation and some different genres (pop, acoustic, reggae, and a couple more), and finally decided to reduce it to a cadence using 7 instruments (upright bass, tambourine, piano, cello, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, organ) and the vocals (1 lead and 2 backups).

still deciding on the solo section before or after the second verse or not - i like the "get me to the chorus" timing as-is, then solo, then 2nd verse, but i'm open to ideas. 🙂 

------------------------------------------------

BPM 82
Key C

-------------------------------------------------

i know, you feel sad
i try to understand
sometimes you feel like crying
i know, we work hard
i try to understand
sometimes you must keep trying

we walk together
the time is here
we walk together, oh
you and i

i know, you feel bad
i try to understand
the parts in life, that were happy
but i know, when it's good
then it's understood
that all the right things are gonna happen

and when it rains, it pours
but then the sun will shine
the children play
we couldn't change it if we tried

we walk together
the time is here
we walk together, oh
you and i

and i know
yeah i know
that when we've done what's good
then the right things
are gonna happen

Edited by Glenn Stanton
updated text and some lyrics

Very thoughtful of you to make this song to encourage and support your brother in his grief! I know what you mean about comparing 2023 vocals to 80s vocals, same for me. I think you really captured the supportive kinda sad but lets get upbeat mood of the message in the song. I like the solo section. Hearing a reggae version would have been fun ha but this does do it well. Anyways, enjoyed it and I hope your brother did/does too. (I get it. My son lost his dog Rambo (a yorkie ha) on my birthday 6 years ago so when he calls me on my birthday its touched by Rambo's death. But his birthday was when I got the call to mandatory evacuate for an encroaching wildfire so we both have birthday phonecalls with less pleasant memories !) Happy holidays

• Like 1