VST Buzz 🔥 96% off “AIR Drum Machine Pack” by AIR Music Tech - 9 Euros

cclarry

2 hours ago, Vst0nE said:

so what is difference between this older air drumsynth500 and newer drumsynth which was free at pluginboutique anyway?

Basically the same guts.  They abandoned updating the installer/plugin(only for older OS)… Then, they release the same plugin, but with a slightly different name, minor changes and an updated installer(for new OS).

Before it was offered as a freebie on PB, ppl were very critical of A.I.R. for that move… Essentially, an attempt to make more money on basically the same plugin, when they could easily just update the plugin/installer instead.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vst0nE said:

so what is difference between this older air drumsynth500 and newer drumsynth which was free at pluginboutique anyway?

Drumsynth has a scalable UI, for one.

I have it, as well as Boom and DrumSynth 500 and I like them (got them for $10 a few years ago). I like Boom for its ease of getting meat-and-potatoes old school drum machine sounds, but its UI is suffering from tininess. DS500 has a larger UI, so not as much of an issue. Still, not scalable, which may become an issue in the future unless someone figures out how to scale legacy plug-ins.

I got the WAP freebie (qualified via the xPand!2 Multivation presets bundle, which is surprising me with how good it is, it's got monster Synthwave sounds) and haven't been able to spend enough time with it to say for sure whether it can replace Boom.

It seems to have the DrumSynth 500 engine with a new UI and more capable mixer. As such, the note mapping is not strictly GM, which always p's me o, because why, it just makes it harder to try different drum synths with the same MIDI track. Given that I use Cakewalk, with its....idiosyncratic drum map situation, this makes it something of a pain to use as a quick go-to.

So, bottom line, it's a replacement for DS500, not Boom. If you need a cool old school drum box, Boom sounds excellent (typical of AIR in that regard) and comes with a ton of useful internal patterns that may be keyswitched. With my aging eyeballs, it's kinda small. Looks fine on my 40" monitor, but can't imagine it at 4K.

All of them may be downloaded and trialed, so I suggest doing that before you buy.